Summary About Hyatt
At Hyatt, we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences.
Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), Hyatt Regency Sydney is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveller. As Sydney's largest premium hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney boasts 878 guestrooms, multiple dining experiences and event spaces. The hotel offers more than 3,700 sq m of sleek meeting and event space in the heart of the city featuring two spacious ballrooms with views of Darling Harbour and 21 additional meeting rooms.The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one Australia’s largest Event Sales & Planning Team. As the Event Sales & Planning Executive, you will be responsible for the effective coordination and management of meetings, incentives, exhibition groups and social events. From initial contact, the Event Sales & Planning Executive your main responsibility is to ensure high quality of planning, implementation, and executing the event until departure is executed, including the final settlement of the account. If your passion is to plan events and thrive to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, then we would love to hear from you!Responsibilities Include:
To be Successful
- Manage the day-to-day administration of events including sending out proposals, preparation of Banquet Event Orders and final accounts
- Arrange and conduct site inspections with potential clients
- Plan and execute the details of the event from start to finish
- Work closely with our amazing operations team while keeping all stakeholders fully informed of any issues to be corrected
- Attend and coordinate tastings as necessary
- Develop future and repeat business, contributing to the profitability of the hotel
- Revenue forecasting of events in line with department budget objectives
- Build close working relationships and close liaison with Sales Department, Food and Beverage Department and the Front Office team
Benefits of Working with Hyatt
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a similar position.
- Experience with the planning and execution of small to medium size events & groups (up to 400 delegates)
- You will possess excellent organizational and time management skills, all of which will be complemented by your articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Business acumen, initiative, conscientious, outgoing, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, able to work with purpose.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings if required
- Full working rights in Australia
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Complimentary accommodation at Hyatt properties worldwide for employees (conditions apply)
- Complimentary laundry service for workwear
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Discounted accommodation rates for employees as well as friends and family
- Discounted city car parking