Australia, Queensland, Hayman IslandHotel:
Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801Job number:
116016Share: Apply Click here if you think this job is inappropriate. About us
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.Your day to day
As the renderer you will be responsible for the identification, preparation and application of decorative and protective coatings to the exterior and interior of resort buildings. What we need from you
As the ideal candidate, you will be trade qualified and have a history and background in commercial or construction painting, with a minimum of two years’ experience. You will be familiar with Microsoft Office, and reporting tools such as HotSoS, Hardcat.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
A valid Australian Drivers Licence is essential. What we offer
- Identification, preparation and application of decorative and protective coatings.
- Executing correct methods of surface preparation and paint application and training others within the team with regards to this.
- Comply with company policy in regards to WH&S Quality control and environmental systems.
- Assisting with the preparation of damaged wall coating and plaster for painting and other minor carpentry work e.g. installation and adjustment of skirting boards.
- Working as needed to assist the wider Engineering team in day to day activities and in afterhours emergencies.
- Prioritising work as required to minimise guest impact.
- World class Staff Facilities as part of the resort’s $135 million dollar refurbishment including excellent subsidised accommodation a dedicated staff pool, staff beach, two gyms, bar, diner, laundry, boutique shop and more.
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Event Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, Pilates, group bushwalks, cooking classes, BBQ’s, markets and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training and online IHG courses.
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.