United States, DC, WashingtonHotel:
Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC), 801 Wharf Street SW, 20024Job number:
104222 Role Purpose
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Representative you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.Key Accountabilities
Key Skills & Experiences
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt.
- A high school diploma or related vocational training.
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom.
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures.
- CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal.
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot.
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.