To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our food & beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The job of Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly established and adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to full potential in specific outlets as appointed by Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- All costs are in line with sales without compromising quality, i.e. minimum 85% LQA score.
- The department or appointed outlets are driven in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and shared with other hotels via corporate office.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of daily activities.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
is responsible of the following Talent Development tasks for their department:
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support in growing talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Take the time to meet all new Food & Beverage employees.
- Support Food & Beverage Head of Department in conducting yearly performance appraisal TTTT and give employees regular feedback on their job performance.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Oversee the operations of the outlets appointed by the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Assist in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
- Assist in preparing the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Manage the consolidated inventory of Food & Beverage department’s OS&E together with the Stewarding department.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Attend or conduct (in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department) daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Review and update all departmental operations manuals annually.
- Assist in sourcing the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Assist handling guest complaints.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan for the appointed outlets in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis.
- Follow the local and global food & beverage trends.
- Ensure that all managers plan and implement effective training programs in the appointed outlets.
- Be actively involved in the operations of the appointed outlets to ensure regular guest contact.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the secondary point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events in the absence of Food & Beverage Head of Department.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Turkish nationality
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
- Minimum two 2 years in F&B management role, preferably including experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Food & Beverage, ability to operate computer and office equipment, proficiency in Excel and Word.
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2022
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 220000SB