Description du poste
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 34 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Set at the heart of the U.S. capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation’s most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and District Wharf.
Overview of Position
The F&B Operations Manager will oversee overall day-to-day operations within various outlets of F&B as assigned. Maintain an efficient operation of the assigned department and meet guests' expectations for quality of the product and service. Assist F&B outlet managers as requested for long-term planning within each business unit.
The Food & Beverage Operations Manager will report to the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and Pillars as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Provide leadership and support for line staff throughout F&B operation.
- Attend pre-conference meetings.
- Assist daily departmental meetings and lead line-ups as needed.
- Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain an active trace system for guest history on thesir F&B preferences.
- Audit checks when necessary.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language; excellent communication skills required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks including early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays.
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must have mathematical skills, computer software aptitude and some hotel operation knowledge.
- Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications is desirable (SMS, OpenTable, MICROS).
- Must have the ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience in a luxury hotel property or upscale/fine dining establishment.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time with superior organizational skills.
- Prior union hotel experience preferred.
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: 24 Nov 2021 US Eastern Standard Time
Intéressé(e) par cette offre ?