Group Sales & Events Manager
À propos du poste
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
The Hotel :
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 32 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan's most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar + Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city's most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
The Groups Sales & Events Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales and coordinates all Groups & Events activities and assigned team members. The Groups Sales & Events Manager has an excellent sales attitude, with previous experience in both sales and groups/events operations. He/she has a strong leadership, attention to details and is responsible for all groups and events sales and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement;
- Ensures coverage of assigned and responsible markets (MICE, all kind of groups, corporate and social events);
- Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build and develop key relationships;
- Ensures that all calls and sales leads are answered in a timely manner and as per company standards;
- Carries out site visits as per company standards;
- Handles follow up of quotations and actively engage with clients to maximize conversion of business;
- Ensure a “sales” approach in every lead, customizing offers and ensuring that a luxury and positive attitude is always maintained;
- To conduct rate and contract negotiations and handle a portfolio of key accounts in defined territory;
- Conducts weekly Group/event meetings with the team and other departments;
- Manage and Verify always the payment and balance
- Attend daily departmental meeting
- Remains available to hotel colleagues via mobile phone while on property and via hotel
- Generates Banquet Event Orders, groups Resumes and business correspondence.
- Utilize Delphi system for accurate blocking of events, groups, traces, and generation of BEOS. Maintain an active trace system for all assigned groups. Compiles all internal DB and Delphi, ensuring time efficiency and data accuracy as per MO policies
- Obtain necessary approvals/permits/insurance certificates for events that are required
- Chair pre-conference and post-conference meetings
- Entertain clients, as appropriate
- Audit banquet checks for assigned groups.
- Contract business with approved vendors, as appropriate.
- Approve payment and provide backup for contracted vendor business
- Coordinate all aspects of events as assigned by Director of department to include but not limited to:
- Food and beverage requirements, Timing of events, Audio visual requirements, Special attention guests, Room type allocation, Rooming list when applicable, Amenities, Function room setup, Group transportation when applicable and all related task obtained by the planner.
- Ensures maximum employee satisfaction and conducts annual performance reviews of the team (Profile system);
- Conducts regular one on one meetings in order to ensure personal development plan is ongoing
- Manage selection interview for new interns or new colleagues, in according with the Director of Sales;
- Develop Sales Team training courses based on current performance.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in groups, events, catering and conference services manager or event manager; luxury hotel experience, (and City of Milan F&B Knowledge preferably) is strongly preferred;
- Bachelor ‘s degree is required;
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in English and Italian is required;
- Must be fluent with Delphi, MS Office. Prior experience with hotel related software will be favored.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks; Must be able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends & holidays.
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to relate to all levels of colleagues and managers
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have superior organizational skills.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Applications close: W. Europe Daylight Time
- Département: Commercial
Group Sales & Events Manager
Temps plein, Indéfini
Date de début du contrat:Dès que possible
Date d'entrée en fonction (au plus tard):