Situated in a prime beachfront location, Mandarin Oriental, Muscat is a chic urban resort that offers 150 stylishly appointed guestrooms and suites, five restaurants and bars, a lush Spa at Mandarin Oriental, and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel features a one-of-a-kind ballroom boasting spectacular views of the Arabian Sea as well as a variety of banquet and meeting spaces to accommodate social and business events.
For those seeking a luxury living experience in one of Muscat’s most desirable districts, an exclusive collection of 155 Residences at Mandarin Oriental combines the Group’s legendary service, world-class amenities and sweeping sea or mountain views. We are looking for new fans who are interested and would enjoy being a part of the Mandarin Oriental, Muscat opening team.
Scope of Position
To ensure that all areas in the hotel are kept clean, well-maintained and secure for all hotel guests and staff members. To check and inspect the public areas, in order to guarantee highest levels of cleanliness, attention to detail and to follow guest preferences. To train and coach public area attendants on SOPs, fire safety and chemical usage in order to ensure a safe working environment and high-quality standards. To implement deep cleaning and maintenance plans for all public areas.
· It is part of your role to understand and disseminate/communicate all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures to the colleagues.
· MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
· It is part of your strategy to fully understand and support in all aspects the Mandarin Oriental, Muscat Human Resources Strategic Policy.
· It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
· You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
· Use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which is in the hotel’s view unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chatroom, or pornographic material, is a serious breach of hotel policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
· Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
· Ensure compliance with the MOHG Social Media Policy, i.e. to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal site.
· Mandarin Oriental, Muscat has zero tolerance on all forms of harassment or discrimination, i.e. it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
· Act as a hotel ambassador at all times.
· To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
· Managerial Duties:
o Inspect and check all public areas in accordance with set Mandarin Oriental standards
o Manage the public area operations on a daily basis together with the Director of Housekeeping
o Spot-check and monitor usage of chemicals, machinery and ensure that all equipment is treated well
o Keep track of linen consumption and losses in public areas
o Conduct monthly machinery inventory
o Execute any deep cleaning or maintenance projects, together with the engineering department
o Spot check on outsourced parties such as window or façade cleaners
o Be aware of any maintenance issues and report them accordingly in REX
o Create daily assignments for public area attendants
o Ensure that sign in and out policy is followed
o Conduct daily briefings and trainings for public area attendants
o Monitor stock in storages and act accordingly if refill is needed
o Be aware of supplies in the public toilets and monitor usage
o Coordinate with Front Office and Housekeeping Coordinator at all times in order to guarantee highest level of cleanliness and hygiene
o Coordinate with Engineering to ensure all public area maintenance requests are actioned in a timely manner
o Managing and overlook daily operation in the respective areas
o Be aware of any OOS/OOO areas in your respective area
o Train, coach and motivate public area attendants in order to achieve highest quality standards
o Check and monitor the back of house areas like staff changing rooms and corridors
o Support and adhere to all policies & procedures related to Safe, Sound and Sustainability at Mandarin Oriental, Muscat
o Implement and supervise daily routine of changing public area ambience from day to night
· Customer Service:
o Be customer focused
o Always help the guests and anticipate their needs in advance
o Recognise preferences and communicate them accordingly
o Fulfil guests’ needs or communicate them to the concerned department Handle guest complaints in a professional and polite manner
o Take ownership of any guest complaints and follow up on the service recovery
o Ensure that all MOQA, LQE, LQA, Forbes & FLHSS&E standards are in place at all times
· Employee Relations:
o Guide and help colleagues to grow and develop themselves
o Teach and train staff on SOPs, safety and security and chemical usage
o Ability to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
o Be creative, energetic and willing to exceed expectations in order to guarantee highest staff and guest satisfaction
o Motivate and inspire the Public Area Team to continuously deliver formidable luxury service
o Immaculately groomed and articulate, professional appearance
· Administrative Duties:
o Implement training schedules for public area attendants
o Keep record of working hours of outsourced company
o Coordinate with outsourced company for any changes in schedules or manning
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time Applications close: