Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Pier One Sydney Harbour Autograph Collection, 11 Hickson Road, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Pier One Sydney Harbour is Sydney’s leading lifestyle hotel, designed for experience seekers, built over the water on Sydney Harbour. Fuelled by our love of the hyperlocal, Pier One is home to 189 designer rooms and suites, Sydney’s leading event venues, awarded restaurant The Gantry, and vibrant pier with waterside bar and dining offerings.Perks, Rewards, Motivations
- Discounts on hotel rooms including all properties within the Marriott International group.
- Discounts on food & beverage, including our hatted restaurant The Gantry.
- Wellbeing & mindfulness programs to ensure you stay healthy in and out of work.
- Complimentary staff meals.
What we ask of you
- Ensure efficient, friendly and professional service is provided to all guests.
- Provide for guests and patrons an experience and environment they feel meets their expectations.
- Familiarize yourself with VIP and regular guests to ensure their requests and needs are met.
- Set up systems to protect and maintain control of bar service equipment, correctly recording breakages and carry our regular stock takes.
- Ensure all beverages are concocted to standard recipes and maintain beverage cost at the percentage detailed in the budget or as instructed by the Restaurant and Bar Manager.
- Set up and maintain a weekly cleaning schedule for the function areas to achieve the highest possible hygiene and cleaning standards.
- Ensure all mis-en-place is completed prior to guests arriving.
- Ensure associates are competent in beverage and wine list knowledge and can maximize sales to guests.
- Ensure guest billing is completed accurately following hotel procedure and that correct charges are posted.
- Be knowledgeable of and operate within appropriate outlet and hotel liquor licensing guidelines and House Management Policies.
- Maintain currency of RSA certification, amendments and updates and adhere to RSA principles.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of controls, inventory, costs, expenses, and all cash handling procedures and policies.
Join our team by clicking apply today!
- 3-5 years experience within the Hospitality industry.
- An up-to-date RSA.
- Displays high grooming standards.
- A genuinely warm & welcoming demeanor.
- Energising motivation - it’s infectious - no job is too big or too small!
- A passion and a burning desire to be the best in the industry.
Please note full AU working rights are required and only suitably experienced candidates will be contacted for interviews. No agency assistance is required at this time.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.