Pier One Sydney Harbour Autograph Collection, 11 Hickson Road, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Pier One Sydney Harbour is Sydney’s leading lifestyle hotel, designed for experience seekers, built over the water on Sydney Harbour. Fuelled by our love of the hyperlocal, Pier One is home to 189 designer rooms and suites, Sydney’s leading event venues, awarded restaurant The Gantry, and vibrant pier with waterside bar and dining offerings.Perks, Rewards, Motivations
- Discounts on hotel rooms including all properties within the Marriott International group.
- Discounts on food & beverage, including our hatted restaurant The Gantry.
- Wellbeing & mindfulness programs to ensure you stay healthy in and out of work.
- Complimentary staff meals while on shift.
What we ask of you
- Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensures event spaces are set according to event documentation and customer requirements.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet supervisors, team leaders and Associates.
- Promotes Associate awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Projects supply needs and orders supplies for the department.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximising profits.
- Attends and participates in all leadership meetings.
- Leads the shift and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings, cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
- Creates a positive example for guest relations while interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints efficiently.
- Empowers Associates to provide Mind Blowing Service.
- Strives to consistently improve service levels and Associate workplace performance.
- Focuses on the importance of guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings while focusing on continuous improvement as well.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Join our team by clicking apply today!
- 2 years experience in a Managerial role within a hotel.
- An up-to-date RSA.
- Displays high grooming standards.
- A genuinely warm & welcoming demeanor.
- Energising motivation - it’s infectious - no job is too big or too small!
- A passion and a burning desire to be the best in the industry.
Please note full AU working rights are required and only suitably experienced candidates will be contacted for interviews. No agency assistance is required at this time.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.