Sales & MarketingLocation
Pier One Sydney Harbour Autograph Collection, 11 Hickson Road, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Pier One Sydney Harbour is a five-star destination hotel, located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront. Fueled by our love of the hyperlocal, Pier One Sydney Harbour fashions a space for guests to celebrate their passions, their curiosity and to discover the true essence of a Sydney lifestyle. Perks, Rewards, Motivations
- Exclusive staff discounts on food and beverage and hotel rooms (including all properties within the Marriott International group) for you, your family and friends.
- 35% discount on Food & Beverage when dining at Pier One for associates.
- Grow, develop, and progress with internationally recognised training programs, unlimited strategic development and exciting ongoing career opportunities within the Marriott International group.
- Genuine care for associates’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing through our complimentary Employee Assistance Program.
- Be part of Life with the Works program where you can enjoy flexible working hours & locations, time off to pursue your passion through sabbatical leave, and paid leave during your birthday month .
- Opportunity to receive Employee Referral Incentives and get paid for working with your friend.
- Work for the Largest Hotel Network in the World which values equality, diversity and inclusiveness.
- Discounted parking options available.
- Able to participate on our hotel and Pillar activations.
- Complimentary associate meals.
- As part of working for a lifestyle hotel, associates can wear white sneaker to work!
What we ask of you
- Responsible for preparing all event documentation - coordinates with sales, property departments and clients to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
- Acts as liaison between field salesperson and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Prepares events orders, floorplans, billing, feedback on behalf of the client.
- Conducts client site inspections to support the sales & event management process as necessary.
- Consult with the Culinary Team on menu variations and specific guest requirements. Part takes in various menu tastings and provide client feedback as well as ensure the hotel is keeping up with current trends/offerings.
- Works with event operations team to execute and deliver magical events.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Events to conduct various competitor checks to ensure the hotel is in line with offerings and look at opportunities to stay ahead of market trends.
- Excellent and previous event knowledge and experience.
- A genuinely warm & welcoming demeanor.
- Energising motivation - its infectious - no job is too big or too small.
- A passion for the industry, a want to be the best in service - mind blowing to be precise - and the best in lifestyle.
- Great attention to detail.
- A desire to innovate and create.
The Autograph Collection is a growing collection of four and five-star independent hotels, each offering unique and memorable experiences. Each hotel is thoughtfully chosen for its quality, originality, bold character, and ability to offer today’s traveler a range of unique experiences suited to their individual sense of style and adventure. All Autograph Collection hotels look to attract The Individualist, the brand's target consumer. The Individualist is someone who uses travel as an opportunity to add to their personal narrative – in essence they are hand selecting our hotels whether for personal or corporate travel because it is much more than simply a place to rest. In joining Autograph Collection, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.