The Liberty a Luxury Collection Hotel Boston, 215 Charles St, Boston, Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
We are seeking a Catering Manager to join our team at The Liberty Hotel in the beautiful area of Beacon Hill! Great location near the T subway, restaurants, shopping, attractions, and the Charles River.
HEI Hotels and Resorts offers excellent benefits such as choice of insurance, paid time off, 401K, paid parental leave, tuition assistance, career growth opportunities and much more!
- The Catering Manager will manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Responsible for soliciting new catering sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage, and room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Participate in the research the competition’s products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current, and potential clients, including room rental, A/V, and other revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long-term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit center.
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition, and key hotel customers.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- 1+ year in catering sales required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.