Description du poste
Posting Date Sep 30, 2021
Job Number 21110638
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Reikart House Buffalo a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, 5000 Main Street, Buffalo, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
Reikart House, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
(92 rooms, 5k+ sf meeting space, and Jazzboline Restaurant and Bar)
Exceptional, Unique, Independent – Boutique Hotel in Amherst, NY.
The Reikart House, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, named after Amherst’s first family of hospitality, Frank and Dolly Reikart. Our hotel carries on their rich legacy and heritage with interior design inspired by the classic vaudeville style of the era. Frank, a man of many talents and inventor of the Jazzboline, his wife Dolly, and their pet monkey Jocko set the foundation for Reikart’s dedication to hospitality and love of creating truly unexpected and memorable experiences.
The Reikart House has been named “Hotel of the Year” by Marriott International in the Distinctive/Premium hotel category for the second year in a row!
Also, Jazzboline Restaurant & Bar embraces flair without formality to blend bold flavors with unabashed fun in a vibrant, visually engaging venue. Our guests indulge in contemporary fare, well-curated cocktails and local craft brews on-tap.
Be a part of this award-winning team by making memorable moments for our guests. See below for the Job Description and if interested, apply today!
Full Time employees receive benefits, which include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D, STD/LTD, Sick/Vacation/Holiday, 401k, travel benefits and MORE!
- The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Develop and direct the overall marketing, public relations and sales efforts of the hotel as they relate to room, good, beverage and sundry sales, by providing conceptual and strategic thinking and planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS SALES
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for Rooms and Food and Beverage sales within the hotel
- Administer the staffing, training, and performance reviews for the Sales Department. Conducts training programs regularly to ensure Greenwood standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward performance excellence.
- Maintain a leadership position as a hotel Executive Committee Member by exhibiting the values of the Greenwood Ambassador Program and by embracing the Greenwood EFFECT
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Abide by brand and Greenwood standards. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department as required. Analyze said reports in an effort to discover opportunities for increasing revenue.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Market Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MARKETING
- Negotiate marketing programs and packages for purchases ranging from collateral materials, advertising space, and costs involved in joint marketing programs and cross marketing opportunities, product pricing and positioning. Also, participate as a committee of marketing
- Document and evaluate market conditions and trends. Make reasonable recommendations.
- Promote the hotel through frequent oral and written communication and/or participation in business and community relations activities.
- Interact with and motivate employees to maintain high morale. Organize, conduct and/or attend sales and operational meetings to obtain and disseminate information.
- Travel to target market areas/destinations to identify new visitor pools and promote the hotel as a prime business and resort destination.
- Participate in the MOD (Manager on Duty) program.
- Control budget within means and plan for current year. Produce a yearly budget for the Sales and Marketing Department which will produce optimal results.
- Conformance with the standards and policies of the company and hotel, which may be established from time to times. is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees found non-compliant will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Conduct regular property site inspections with potential customers. This entails walking approximately one-half mile for each property tour over various surfaces and an oral presentation.
- Travel to industry-related tradeshows and meetings in various destinations around the world.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing budget.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English language. Operate a facsimile machine and photo copier as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of the sales process.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to foster cooperation, diffuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience and 2 years of supervisory experience required. Prior hotel or hospitality experience required.
Licenses or certificates
- CPR Certification required and available by the hotel. First Aid Training preferred. Industry related certification helpful. Valid Driver's License required.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available.)
VALUES AND CULTURE
Ambassador should embrace the Greenwood Core Values of
- Integrity in Conduct
- Cooperation in Action
- Excellence in Performance
Also cultivate and build the Greenwood EFFECT culture to develop and lead their team
- Engaged-- encourage, identify positive moments
- Fun-- maintain a healthy and happy workplace
- Flexible-- adapt and change while maintaining our standards of excellence
- Equipped and Empowered-- provide the necessary tools and leadership to cause success
- Community-- caring about our work, our colleagues and our ambassadors
- Trust-- foster high levels of trust within the department, with our guests, and our ambassadors
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Autres offres suggérées
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.