Atlanta Marriott Marquis, 265 Peachtree Center Ave., Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Evaluates opportunities for business originating from the sales organization and determines the optimal pricing options or alternative date/property options for each. The position facilitates the evaluation process to ensure a fast and accurate response is made to all sales leads. The Senior Manager of Group Strategy ensures that revenue and profit are maximized by effectively calculating the displacement of other business and the price-point(s) that will make the business profitable. Serves as a "sales" and "customer" advocate for the hotel(s) on behalf of Revenue Management.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Provides business evaluation functional expertise to market sales leaders.
• Responds to leads from Sales.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Participates in quarterly regional reviews.
• Understands and accurately represents individual property sales needs.
• Develops and manages short and long term group and catering strategy for the property.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Performs displacement analysis.
• Determines pricing options for leads – group, transient and catering.
• Conducts need date evaluations and communicates information to Market Strategy and Revenue Analysis.
• Conducts Diary Audit.
• Creates group and catering forecasts for the property.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.Building Successful Relationships
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.