“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world? 😉🌟Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards
which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits
programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you 😉
We are looking for Cluster Executive Chef - Melia Vinpearl Central VietnamMission:
Responsible for the implementation of strategy, the standards, attributes, products and the optimization of operational efficiency in kitchen facilities for hotels in Melia Vinpearl CentralMain responsibilities:a. Operation:
• Responsible for implementing the F&B strategy in hotels in the hotels in Melia Vinpearl Central (in short MVP Central) through the application of product and quality standards and culinary management.
• Responsible for supervising hotel operations in their area, defining operating guidelines, and supervising the important events.
• Ensures compliance with standards and objectives, reporting any possible deviations to the HM for immediate correction and regularly reporting to the Cluster General Manager to analyze performance.
• Provides the Hotel Services team with an operational vision of the destination for the definition of standards. They are thus involved in the definition of strategy, standards, processes and procedures.
• Analyses the competition and reports on trends and proposes improvements to the F&B Hotel Services Team.
• Be knowledgeable of the Brand philosophy, ensuring optimal implementation of the standards, operations and identity manuals that apply to their department.
• Supports the Head Chef of hotels in their operational needs.
• Responsible for the implementation of Food Safety Regulations. b. Performance
• Responsible for creating, analyzing and managing the F&B P&L, ensuring the achievement of the KPIs in the budget or forecast. Through activities such as:
- Direct cost control
- Creation of accurate cost breakdowns
- Control of wastage and food waste management
- Personnel cost optimization
- Revenue control and optimization
- Analysis of revenues and products sold based on Menu Engineering
- Regular Business Reviews
- Creation of the annual CAPEX requirements
- Creation of the annual OPEX requirements
• Defines prices for all centralized menus based on the competition and segmentation of the different hotels together with the distribution team hotel management.
• Defines together with the Sales Department the pricing and product strategies for events, meeting rooms and congresses.c. Human Resources
• Annually review the training plan with the hotel General Management and HR area, in order to propose training actions based on the needs of the team.
• Be knowledgeable of the development plans and tools in Human Resources and promote their use (Melia Home, climate, E-melia, development plans, Moving-Up, Graduates Programs, Code of Ethics...).
• Identify high potential staff and actively participate in the development of the teamMain requirements:
• University degree and/or higher in Tourism; Gastronomy/Culinary training and training to keep up to date with trends in the area is an asset.
• Excellent English skill in both writing and speaking
• Knowledge in the use of kitchen economic management and analysis tools.
• Knowledge of economic and team management
• Knowledge of food handling, hygiene and food safety.
• Orientation towards results and economic goals set by the company.
• Proactivity for excellence and high capacity in planning and organisation.
• Leadership and high communication skills, as well as previous experience in team management.
• Proficient in Office package and tools related to the position.
• Keeping up to date with cooking trends and gastronomic innovation
• Knowledge of hotel operations in its different types of services
• Ability to identify needs, launch, monitor and develop projects
• Implementation of pilots, projects and strategies established at company level.
• Organizational and planning skills for openings and rebranding’s
• Implementation of new gastronomic concepts At Meliá we are all VIP
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP
People. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People
“, follow us on: INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR