“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world? 😉🌟Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards
which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits
programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you 😉
We are looking for Executive Chef - Melia Ba Vi Mountain RetreatMission:
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Culinary Director and within the
limits of established policies and procedures, service performance and product
standards, oversees and directs all aspects of the operations in the whole Kitchen.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to all personal employed in the
different sections of the kitchen.
- Interacts and cooperates with all other sections of the F&B department and other
departments of the hotel as appropriate.
- Keep himself updated and implements new products and trends.Main Responsibilities:
In conjunction with the Culinary Director, Determines the a la carte menus, set menus and special requests.
• In conjunction with the Culinary Director and the Person responsible for the banquets, determines the banquets menu.
• Supervise the quality and proportions of the dishes prepared in the Kitchen.
• Supervise the quality and the decoration of the buffet tables.
• Establishes and official recipe file for all dishes and ensures that the recipes are carefully followed, especially concerning the precise weighs and measurements of ingredients and precise measuring out of proportions.
• Create special dish, promotions and buffets.
• Control food cost within the Budget stablished by GM.
• Keep update menu engineering.
• Supervises the use of all merchandises to avoid waste.
• With the Director of Sales determines the prices to be charged and makes proposals to the GM.
• Ensure the kitchen cleanliness.
• Maintains checks on the cleaning and maintenance check list.
• Sees that the equipment and Kitchen utensils are neither in a state of deterioration nor lost.
• Makes personally daily inspections of the store rooms and of the refrigerators.
• Ensures especially the employees safety, in order to avoid any work related accidents.
• Organize training programs and cross training
• Does daily training in kitchen briefing as to what new and any problems from the previous day.
• Chef is responsible for all kitchen staff for discipline as well as welfare.
• Join morning briefing with Culinary and Director and GM, monthly meetings and any other general meeting prepared by GMMain requirements:
At Meliá we are all VIP
- Hotel school and cross training and worked through the ranks
- Local languages and English
- Must have knowledge of all the departments in the kitchen. Also have knowledge of other departments.
- For a executive chef it is a bonus to have worked in a few different Locations and countries
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP
People. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People
“, follow us on: INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR