“Whatever story you choose, you are the star”
At Meliá Hotels International
, you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories. ME by Meliá
is a collection of hotels in which culture, lifestyle and The ME People community come together to create an inimitable personality. Each hotel is connected to the destination, becoming the social epicenter of the city and attracting the best of the local cultural scene. Music, art, design, fashion and gastronomy make up the ME scene to provide visitors with an experience beyond accommodation. If you radiate energy and have a personal style that captivates others, if you like to follow the latest trends and live for the moment; if you love music, culture and new technologies… Then you connect with the ME by Meliá
: Responsible for the definition and implementation of a sales strategy that maximises the profitability of the hotels, guaranteeing alignment and dialogue between Specialists and the business, as well as prioritising projects based on the premises defined for the sales area within the area. Responsible for the revenues and sales teams of hotels under their responsibility. This role will be reporting to the Director of Sales.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and validate the definition of the strategy for the Luxury Sales, Corporate, MICE and Sales Development segments.
- Planning of projects and definition of priorities together with the people responsible for the Luxury Sales, Corporate, MICE and Sales Development segments.
- Responsible for implementing the strategy for all the segments for companies in the hotels under their responsibility.
- Manage the relationship with Key Accounts, lead the negotiation of agreements with them and ensure their correct implementation in Global Sales Offices and hotels.
HOTEL BUSINESS PLAN
- Participate in budget preparation for the MICE segment and the Annual Business Plan of hotels in the sales area.
- Achieve and/or exceed the annual budget approved in the Business Plan (MICE segment) for the Cluster hotels in terms of room sales and ARR through an increase in the number of accounts/events and in the sales of event rooms, banquets, audio services and other revenues related to MICE.
COMMUNICATION & DIGITALISATION
What are we looking for?
- Maintain fluid and appropriate communication with the Group Operations team in each hotel (Conference/Banqueting) and update them on issues related to their functions/responsibilities (site inspections, specific room set-ups, etc.)
- Ensure the most efficient transfer of group files to hotels once the group has been contracted.
- Ensures the correct and timely management of requests made through Cvent.
The ideal candidate must have three to fours years of experience in MICE and Corporate Sales, preferably in a 5-star hospitality setting. Must have strong selling and negotiating skills. Must have a results-driven approach to achieving tasks and objectives. Must be a team player and have good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese. What benefits do we have for you?
- If you love to travel, Melia Hotels International is the place to work 😉 We have excellent discounts through our global My MeliaRewards program for you, your family, and friends.
- At Melia the protagonist is you! You choose how far you want to go, and for this, we have different development plans in order to offer you opportunities for growth and to fulfill your professional dream. In addition, you can have international experiences if you wish, because we are located in more than forty countries!
- Meliá Hotels International has developed a learning model focused on you, centered around continuous and experiential learning that can accompany you in your professional development. Because if you evolve, Melià evolves with you.
- Corporate Social Responsibility is of vital importance to us, and for this reason, we give the opportunity to participate in different events and social activities of diversity and social inclusion, always highlighting our values and purpose.