Assistant Front Office Manager Location:
Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Surrey, KT9 2NE Hours:
Full time, permanent, flexibility is required working weekends and bank holidays, to meet our business needs Benefits:
competitive annual salary, discount on our animal VIP experience and Go Ape course, discounts on our Hotels and a Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world
With our Theme Park, Zoo, spectacular Hotels & Glamping as well as our Go Ape courses there are plenty of ROARingly exciting career paths available. We're also a part of the Merlin Entertainments family - associated with attractions like SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND Parks, Madame Tussauds and More!
We're currently looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager to join our Hotel team at Britain’s Wildest Adventure!About the Role
Our two hotels, the Safari Hotel and Azteca hotel, play host to tens of thousands of visitors every year, now with the added accommodation options of our Explorer Glamping. As Assistant Front Office Manager, you’ll see that all our venues provide the incredible “ROARsome” experience our visitors expect.
As the face of our hotel, your role will be to ensure our front office team are dynamic and motivated to deliver engaging & memorable guest experiences. You will drive the team to maximise revenue and deliver the highest levels of guest care, you will ensure a flawless daily operation and will be a brand ambassador for Chessington World of Adventures Resort and Merlin Entertainments. You will of course be involved in recruiting, training, and continual development of your team to be confident, engaging, and focused team players.
Importantly, you will also work within the wider Hotel and Resort Management teams, bringing your skills and expertise to the table to help the Chessington World of Adventures Resort realise its goals.What we’re looking for
What’s on offer?
- Ideally you will be in a similar customer service role, with a hotel background and experience in rooms division in a property of a similar size
- Used to leading from the front, confident enough to make informed decisions
- Smart and approachable, have proven experience in front line customer service, a true people’s person, willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Attention to detail will be the key to your success. After all, it’s the little things that make a good resort stay great
- Positive and engaging and will have true passion to grow within Merlin & further your career
- Experience of Opera PMS would also be an advantage
Everyone Matters at Merlin At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
- A competitive annual salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world rising to 40 after a year’s service
- Company bonus
- Private pension scheme
- 40% discount online off LEGO
- 25% discount in retail shops and restaurants
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Plus many more…