LEGO Discovery Center Atlanta, 3500 Peachtree Rd NE G-1
Atlanta, Georgia, 30326
We are now looking for an Operations Manager
to join our team as we launch our next generation LEGO® Discovery Center attraction in Atlanta. This 30,000 square foot indoor attraction was co-created by Merlin & the LEGO® Group and is located in the Phipps Plaza.About The Role
Manage a team of fun, driven, enthusiastic, magical, and memorable experience makers. We are now looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our Management Team. The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day smooth and profitable operation of our dynamic attraction and has the ability to work at a quick pace and exhibit situational flexibility. Through diligent work and optimal fun, you will strive to achieve the financial targets as well as lead and develop your team. Responsibilities:
- Manage the Operational areas of the business ensuring the delivery of a seamless visit consistent with corporate brand image.
- Ensure that the attraction is presented and maintained to Merlin Entertainments standards in all areas at all times.
- Demonstrates strong service and sales approach; leading by example throughout the Attraction to maximize up-sells, product excellence, event delivery, etc.
- Meets secondary spends, KPI and Mystery Visitor targets while controlling labor, cost of sale and other expense budget.
- Ensure and employees are in a clean and safe environment that meets health & safety standards as set by company as well as local rules and regulations at all times.
- Monitors standards of service and guest response to overall product, through observations and guest comments.
- Ensure Heath, Safety & Security standards are maintained in all areas of ride operations: daily operations, operator training, incident management, and inspections.
- Recommends short- and long-term changes through feedback, daily reports and proposals.
- Act as a Manager on Duty when business needs dictate, by overseeing and coordinating the smooth day-to-day running of the attraction.
- Assist with the effective management of commercial areas of the business ensuring the delivery of a seamless visit consistent with corporate brand image.
- Assist with the implementation of cost control measures in all commercial spend areas, to ensure the maximization of profit at all times.
- Manages up to 5-6 direct reports; up to 70 indirect reports.
- Assume responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence, liaising with Senior Management when appropriate.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
- Works closely with HR to ensure all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with company policy and applicable laws.
- Coaches and motivates staff to provide best possible guest experience, to maximize sales opportunities and to ensure admission and commercial spend targets are achieved.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for a highly self–motivated leader with proven success managing operational teams. Passion for providing excellent experiences to our guests is critical. This combined with your excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills will be vital in driving visitor numbers to the attraction and getting the most out of your team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of service industry experience with 3 years of management experience required including a visitor attraction, theme park, museum, hotel or theater environment; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multitask as necessary.
- Knowledge of computer including Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook and Word
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Pay scale based on experience starts between $60,000 and $64,000
About The Perks
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions worldwide - which also extend to family and friends, and much more. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry. We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements due to ill health or a disability, please contact our friendly team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at NAPeopleHUB@merlinentertainments.biz.