Grow with us...
Our human resources team, (we prefer to simply call them “people”) play an integral role in every aspect of our hotels. They are responsible for championing the 1 Hotels culture and recruiting (and retaining) the best talent ...and then keeping them happy. Our inspiring People teams work tirelessly to keep us humble and focused. Our Opportunity...
We're currently searching for an extraordinary People Operations Manager
, to be the guru of People, processes and programs at our highly anticipated 1 Hotel Mayfair (opening Spring 2023). The People Operations Manager is the key to a high-performance culture that emphasizes our brand mission and point of view, as well as upholds ambitious standards for every team member, sets them up to attain challenging goals and evolves the workforce and SH culture through ongoing development and ever-evolving needs of the hotel. About the role...
- Work closely with the hotel guidance team and corporate People team to set and execute the People strategy in preparation of the hotels opening.
- Train and develop team members to ensure 1 Hotels values and culture are evident across every step of our People experience, ensuring the 1 Hotel, Mayfair culture reaches its full potential.
- Partner with the Hotel General Manager, Area Director of People Operations, Corporate Director of Cultural Development, and Guidance Team Members to create and maintain a work environment with compassion, and authenticity and strong performance.
- Lead the culture, performance management, team engagement and Diversity and Inclusion efforts for the hotel
- Work across teams to create an inspiring onboarding experience for all new teammates
- Participate in the development of our growth plans as a partner with a focus on people.
- Stay up-to-date on all employment laws, and partner closely with legal on compliance-related issues.
- Passionate about people, workplaces and culture with a minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in an upscale and/or luxury hospitality environment.
- Prior experience using Fourth Hospitality is a plus.
- An expert in human resources operations, a strong leader and a proven track record in guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
- Experience leading and championing a team; developing, scaling and onboarding new team members
- Excels at communication, both verbal and written
- Is flexible and willing to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
- Familiar with the Mayfair area a big plus!