Grow with us…
SH Hotels and Resorts, an affiliate of global private investment firm Starwood Capital Group, is a hotel brand management company that operates 1 Hotels, a nature-inspired lifestyle brand with properties in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Miami’s South Beach and projects underway in Los Angeles, Sunnyvale, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Paris, France, Sanya, China…and beyond. The group also operates Baccarat Hotels & Resorts, a luxury brand with its flagship property in New York. In addition, a third brand is currently under development. Leveraging its marketing, design, operational and technological expertise, SH Group is the force behind some of the most groundbreaking, award-winning and dynamic new hotel brands in the world.
SH Hotels and Resorts is seeking a VP Europe (EMEA), Design to join our fast paced, high energy and innovative design team. Candidates should have strong design experience on real hospitality, commercial, and or residential projects where s/he was involved in all phases of the interior architecture process and can demonstrate creative involvement. The ideal candidate will bring both creativity and organization to the position and demonstrated experience leading a creative team. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on all phases of the design process from concept to construction administration and ultimately hotel openings. We are looking for a creative, detail oriented and self-motivated individual who possesses great communication skills, passion and loves to learn, grow, and contribute to exceptional built environments.
Position will report into SVP of Design Miami/NYC.
- Represent brand and lead teams from concept through space planning, design development, documentation, construction, construction administration, and closeout
- Review and comment on construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details - Review and comment on, as well as develop FF&E packages
- participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Manage development partner expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all project objectives
- Managing existing hotel corporate design service needs and requests
- Developing presentations that include mood boards, FFE ideas, material palettes, etc.
- Support the development of FFE budgets, schedules and templates
- Selecting material and furniture specifications
- Obtaining and managing samples and relationships with vendors
- Researching and obtaining quotes from various vendors and following up on approvals - Sketching AutoCAD and by-hand floor plans, details and concepts
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 8-10 years plus of professional experience in interior and/or architecture design firms.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Rhino, Sketchup and Microsoft office.
- Minimum BA/BArch in Interior Design, Environmental Design or Architecture
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US (UK)
- Hand sketching skills a plus.
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of our business. Our team shares a passion for unique, sophisticated design. We work tirelessly to transform ordinary spaces into exciting new adventures and experiences that deliver exceptional quality and quiet elegance. This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future project management, design or architectural leadership role.