On our busiest day this year, we welcomed over 270 guests, refreshed more than 300 beds, and dry-cleaned 32 suits. As the number of guests at Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel continues to soar, we need an exceptional Assistant Housekeeping Manager to take our housekeeping services to new heights. Are you ready to lead a team that turns chaos into comfort, and transforms weary travelers into satisfied royalty? Join us as our next Assistant Housekeeping Manager and lead our team to excellence.
What will you do as Assistant Housekeeping Manager?
As Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you are the champion of cleanliness and orderliness in the hotel, responsible for ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction through exceptional service delivery.
Do you have a helicopter view and an eye for detail? Then this might be the perfect challenge that you’re looking for!
In this role, you'll be leading and inspiring a team of talented housekeeping professionals, overseeing day-to-day operations, and working closely with the Housekeeping Manager to uphold Marriott International's impeccable standards. Key responsibilities include:
• Delivering outstanding guest service, always,
• Coordinating and supervising Housekeeping/Laundry operations,
• Monitoring the performance of all housekeeping team members, with emphasis on training and team building,
• Driving recruitment efforts, including interviewing, training, and performance evaluations
• Conducting regular inspections of all housekeeping areas/tasks and promptly flagging any issues to the Housekeeping Manager,
• Enforcing all Housekeeping policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Security regulations,
• Ensuring continuous training to support the Housekeeping Manager,
• Managing staffing levels to match business demands, adjusting work schedules as necessary,
• Stepping in for the Housekeeping Manager when they are unavailable.
A market conform salary
- An enriching training, learning and development program
- A compensation for your public transport expenses from and to the hotel;
- Discounted rates for you and your family at all 8000+ Marriott International Hotels worldwide;
- Fantastic career growth opportunities;
- Great team gatherings during the year to celebrate our successes.
- Hospital Insurance
• You have hotel housekeeping/laundry experience in a supervisory capacity of minimum 2 years,
• You speak and write fluently in English, French and/or Dutch,
• You have experience with leading a team,
• ‘Teamwork makes the dream work’ – we are looking for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager that is ready to be a team player,
• Your smile is important to us and to our guests,
• You are flexible in working hours and days
• You are tech-savvy, you know all the ins- and outs of the Microsoft Office programs, have experience with Property Management Systems and pick up new systems fast,
• You have a permit to work in the European Union / Belgium.
Sounds like a fit? What now?
“Quick, send us a message on….” – No, not yet! Take your time. First discuss your enthusiasm with friends and family, sleep a night on it and if you are ready, then we are happy to receive your motivation and CV via Annemie.Raemdonck@Marriott.com.
Langues requises: Anglais et Français. Néerlandais est un plus
At Sheraton we are constantly watching, listening, tasting and adapting to the needs of our current guests and to attract a next generation of travelers. The hotel is only a few steps away from the airport’s terminals and 20 minutes away from Brussels city center. The Sheraton hotel at Zaventem Airport is an assured player in the market with more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality. The hotel features 294 guestrooms, one restaurant and 20 meeting- and event spaces.