This is a Park Service Mechanic
position at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, TX. It features an hourly rate starting at $18.00/hour
and a minimum average of 30+ hours per week offered and expected on a year-round basis with flexible scheduling. General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate Must Possess:
- Maintain all product dispensers and baby changing stations in park, replace if necessary.
- Inspects all guest areas, team member areas, and company facilities according to Six Flags Fiesta Texas standards.
- Maintain and keep the shop clean, organized, and well stocked.
- Maintains an inventory of products, supplies, and ensures equipment is in safe working order. Responsible for repairing and maintaining most equipment on-site.
- Performing preventative maintenance, repairs, and overhauls.
- Analyze equipment breakdown situations or problems to determine cause and corrective action to be taken.
- Performs routine inspections of work performed to maintain a quality level that meets the guest and Six Flags Fiesta Texas standards.
- Knows, understands and implements the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Maintaining all equipment including pressure washers, vehicles, billy goats, leaf blowers, etc.
- Providing small engine repair on equipment.
- Driving, using and maintaining sweeper trailers, water trucks, water trailers, etc.
- Oversees and trains for the use of cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to facilities, floors and fixtures.
- Practices, supports, maintains and enforces a total safety culture by adhering all park policies.
- Builds and maintains a positive, high performance team culture generating increased retention, motivation, and team morale.
- Provides first class guest service and creates an atmosphere that requires the same of all Team Members.
- Inspecting all patio furniture and park benches and if in bad shape remove it for repair or discard it.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or as necessary to support the Park Service Department and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Strong proficiency of commercial cleaning equipment and procedures.
- Strong proficiency of small engines.
- A clear commitment to total safety including knowledge of SDS.
- A Team First attitude and a people-oriented approach.
- Excellent communication skills to include both verbal and written format.
- The availability to work flexible hours and varied shifts including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, including standing for long periods of time, bending, pulling and lifting up to 60 lbs alone or 100 lbs with assistance, with or without reasonable accommodation
- A valid State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Park Driver’s License upon eligibility.
Taking on all other duties assigned to support the park as a whole.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.Six Flags is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Drug Free Workplace.