Description du poste
The Landmark London Hotel is offering an amazing opportunity for young individuals to join our Kitchen department through the Kickstart Scheme, as a Trainee Chef.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY TO THIS JOB IF YOU HAVE BEEN REFERRED BY A JOBCENTRE WORK COACH AND/OR YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE KICKSTART SCHEME
Are you 16-24 on Universal Credit? Would you like to start your career as a Trainee Chef and get trained by the best in the hospitality industry?
If you have a can do attitude and a genuine smile, then this vacancy is for you. To thank you for your hard work and loyalty, some of the excellent benefits you will enjoy are:
Competitive salary + service charge
· 28 days paid holiday, including bank holidays (increased holiday entitlement with length of service)
· Uniform and free dry cleaning for uniforms
· Free meals whilst on duty
· Health checks and life assurance cover - death in service scheme
· Pension scheme
· 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties)
· Discounted Accommodation as well as Spa Treatments for team members and their friends & family (including sister properties)
· We Care - 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
· Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months of service
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Recommend a Friend scheme
· Bike to work scheme
· Season ticket loan
· Annual Staff Party / GEM Recognition Scheme
· Discounts on selected retailers, gyms, phone companies etc.
· Eye Care vouchers
· Training and development opportunities
· An assigned buddy and a professional mentor
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a passionate Trainee Chef, to join our Kitchen Department on a on a fixed-term basis for 6 months with possibility of extension or a permanent contract and help us to consistently deliver memorable moments and five star service to our guests and each other.
At The Landmark London, our purpose is to enrich the journeys of our people and our guests and as a Job Title under the Kickstart Scheme, your main duties will include:
· To carry out all tasks as directed by your immediate supervisor/ manager and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen/ hotel upon request
· To work as an individual and as part of a team by assisting in the preparation of mise-en-place and service for the section / department.
· Complete a mise en place list for your daily tasks in order of priority and check with your supervisor prior to commencing work.
· To cook and present food to the correct standard as outlined in the outlet menu manual and as per standards recommended by Leading Hotels of The World.
· To take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times. To take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure.
· To assist with any duties as assigned by the Chef de Partie.
As a Job Title, you will be required to work 40hours per week, on a shift rota.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Landmark London was the first hotel in the world to be awarded Investors in People Platinum by achieving the highest score in accommodation business sector globally. In August 2020 the hotel’s efforts and investment in our team member’s health and wellbeing was recognised by the Mayor of London with the London Healthy Workplace Award.
We believe that without our dedicated team, our pursuit of excellence would not be possible. Each person is a vital team member and that is why we feel it is of utmost importance to invest in our people to ensure that they have both an enriching and rewarding journey with us.
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply today!
The Landmark London
We are delighted to welcome you to one of the most popular 5 star hotels in London, The Landmark London. We rank among the finest of the capital’s leading luxury hotels in London, and have a distinctive style and ambience that makes us unique.
Our luxury hotel combines classic British elegance and grandeur with the deluxe facilities required by today’s discerning travellers, such as hotel conference rooms, fantastic restaurants and bars, a luxurious Spa & Health Club with a 15 metre swimming pool and a gymnasium.
At our hotel in London, we continually strive to ensure that we not only meet our guests’ expectations, but that we exceed them. We take pride in offering the highest level of service to ensure that we continue to be one of the leading 5 star hotels in London and is the reason why we are one of the most popular wedding hotels in London, too. Therefore, if you want to indulge in a night of pure bliss and relaxation, we recommend you visit our London hotel.
However, you do not have to stay in our hotel in London to take advantage of our fantastic facilities. Our award winning Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to enjoy a leisurely afternoon, and you can indulge in an array of delicious sandwiches, French pastries and freshly baked scones.
Autres offres suggérées
- Kitchen StewardMarylebone, London, United Kingdom
- Event Services ManagerMarylebone, London, United Kingdom
- Marketing ExecutiveMarylebone, London, United Kingdom
- Kickstart - Front Office TraineeMarylebone, London, United Kingdom
- Kickstart - Room AttendantMarylebone, London, United Kingdom