Description du poste
The Langham, London; Europe’s first Grand Hotel and Forbes 5* rated property, is currently recruiting for a Reception Supervisor to join our talented Front Office Department team. In this role, we are looking for a true hospitality professional, with the flair to deliver service at the highest level.
In the role of the Reception Supervisor, your key focus will be to:
- overall supervision of the Reception shift maintaining consistently high standards of customer service and maximisation of rooms revenue
- respond to all customer queries in a polite, friendly and efficient manner
- deal with complaints within bounds of responsibility and according to hotel procedure, referring to Assistant Manager where necessary keeping them informed of relevant feedback from customers or other departments
- adhere to all departmental and hotel procedures and company brand standards monitoring staff to ensure that guest services are maintained at a consistently high level.
- maximise hotel revenue for all departments by upselling and selling hotel facilities on every occasion, and adhering particularly to hotel credit policies and to predetermined availability controls
- examine arrivals for special requests and make appropriate room allocations
- show recognition to regular customers and make sure that guests are escorted where possible
- co-ordinate VIP treatment with Assistant Manager, Room Service and Housekeeping.
- be responsible for keeping rebates at low level by checking correct authorisation and justification.
- check correct rates have been assigned and guest profiles are properly updated by counterchecking registration cards
- ensure standards of computer input are maintained in accordance with departmental standards and check correct credit authorisation are properly taken and updated.
Do you have? -
- previous experience of working within Reception/Front Office departments is essential.
- excellent customer service skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- previous experience of supervising teams is desirable.
- ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- competence with MS Office
- previous experience of Opera PMS (advantageous)
Apart from a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent range of colleague benefits; such as:
- 4 weeks holidays plus 8 bank holidays (which attract time off in lieu when worked)
- meals on duty
- uniform supplied and laundered or if non-uniform colleague, a complimentary valet service of work attire provided
- complimentary accommodation at other Langham Hotels
- discounted accommodation at The Langham, London
- discounts for you and your friends and family in our food and beverage outlets and on Spa treatments
- a subsidised taxi journey for any shift scheduled to finish between 00:00 and 05:00hrs
- pension plan
- life insurance
- eye test vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- season travelcard loan
- colleague recognition system - being recognised and rewarded for positive guest comments or when you go the extra mile
- learning and development opportunities, which also include paid and unpaid cross departmental training opportunities
- two staff parties per year and a number of colleague social and community events
Langham Hospitality Group (LHG) is a global hotel company with properties located in major cities and four continents under The Langham Hotels and Resorts and Cordis Hotels and Resorts brands. It is the hospitality arm of Great Eagle Holdings, a leading property development company in Hong Kong.
The Langham, London is an equal opportunity employer. Our teams are diverse and inclusive and we encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
The Langham London, London’s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 380 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, the Artesian Bar and Wigmore Tavern, extensive Meeting & Events facilities, Europe’s first Chuan Body + Soul Spa and Sauce by The Langham, our cookery school. The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we’ve been doing so since 1865.
Would you like to be a Reception Supervisor in such an iconic hotel? Then go ahead, apply!
The Langham, London
For 150 years, The Langham, London has enchanted royalty, dignitaries, and celebrities. Renowned for its legendary service, Europe's first "Grand Hotel" continues to reign from London's West End.
380 elegantly appointed rooms and suites that evoke a welcoming, residential ambience, while offering the conveniences of today. With the option to upgrade to a Langham Club room or suite, for exclusive access to the Langham Club Lounge and its wide range of all-day privileges.
Elegant dining experiences since 1865. Discover the birthplace of traditional afternoon high tea and explore the rest of our award-winning restaurants and bars. The Wigmore, a modern British tavern, serving a quintessentially British pub fare and carefully curated drinks. Palm Court, famed for the afternoon tea tradition, Artesian, our chic and glamarous bar conjures up classic and innovative cocktails. Our latest innovation, Sauce by The Langham is a cookery school where one can have fun learning the trade secrets of some of London's finest chefs.
The Langham, London offers world-class facilities to restore body and spirit. Luxury wellness sanctuary Chuan Body + Soul features innovative signature treatments steeped in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The Chuan Health Club is a fully equipped fitness centre with first-rate Technogym cardio and resistance equipment, free weights steam rooms, salt sauna, vitality pool and a 16-metre swimming pool.