We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. Location: Oxford Hybrid: Assistance to the office 3 times per week required Why this job is excellent:
Viator is the world’s leading resource for researching, finding and booking tours and travel experiences worldwide.
What we do: Our staff of travel insiders has hand-selected the best things to do in more than 1,500 destinations. Working closely with trusted local tour and activity operators, Viator makes it very simple for all travelers to find exactly what they want to do, and, uncover things they didn’t even know they could do. We’ve done the homework, made all the connections, and even pulled a few strings to make sure our customers have unprecedented insider access provided by a global network of trustworthy and reliable local businesses.
And the result? Travellers have direct access to thousands of travel experiences, from basic and traditional sightseeing tours to incredibly exclusive unique finds—and everything in between. From popular double-decker bus tours to private VIP experiences, from adrenaline-pumping outdoor activities to cultural and family-friendly experiences, from shore excursions to show tickets, city passes, day trips, multi-day excursions...you name it, and we probably have it, all hand-selected by the Viator team, all available online or on your phone. That means you can book everything in advance which can help avoid sell-outs in high season and save time in-destination for exploration. Or, if you’re more of a spur-of-the-moment type (or if you are taking advantage of a few spare moments with your mobile device), Viator lets you book up to the last minute as well, with handy apps and an optimized mobile website.
Customer Care co-ordination for all Viator retail travel distributors/agents from the booking process to basic technical support and troubleshooting
Ensuring the highest form & delivery of customer care to the customer, agent & supplierWhat you’ll do:
Frontline Customer Care for the company both email and phone work. Servicing booking requests, placing reservations by phone, inquiries by email and phone, administration and sales
What we need from you:
- Communication to Customer Care Manager in relation to all customer care & support issues
- Use initiative to ensure product information from bookings and assistance requests is up to date and forwarded to product team if needed
- Liaise with Market Sales Co-ordinators and Market Sales Managers where necessary
- Accurate delivery of booking information into various in-house software solutions
- Time management of effective customer care delivery
- Maintenance of existing Customer Care tools (databases, manuals, in-house forms)
- Continuing improvement to customer care administration and work methods
- Effective “handover” to following Customer Care staff members – clear, concise and detailed information
- Special project / product work when required
- Point of contact (on a rotating basis) for retail travel distributors, customers, agents & suppliers in relation to all Viator product and the online booking process
- Logging and collating all system and product errors
- Control (on a rotating basis) of the online booking / cancellation / amendment procedures
- Fluent in Italian and English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work shift patterns, including some weekends
- Experience of reservation systems would be preferred
- Experience of taking calls and writing emails in a Customer Support environment
- Any sales experience also advantageous
We want you to feel like you’re travelling with an insider, everywhere you go, every time you travel. That's our main goal here at Viator.
As passionate travellers ourselves, we understand the value of having a trusted resource you can rely on to help you find, research and book the world’s best travel experiences. For over 15 years, Viator has curated the largest and most diverse selection of worldwide tours and activities—from traditional sightseeing tours to unique once-in-a-lifetime experiences—all provided by local tour operators we’ve pre-screened for quality, value and service. Our activities are supported by more than 800,000 verified reviews, photos and videos posted by travelers like you, all backed by our low-price guarantee.
Viator, Inc. sells tours and activities through the award-winning Viator.com website, ten local-language sites serving North and South American, European and Japanese markets, five fully optimized mobile sites and more than 3,000 affiliate sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com