We are looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer
, a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Master Data service technology organisation which supports essential data references to provide single source of the truth to TUI Group relating to accommodations and room types.
Working from Spain in a role that can be fully remote or hybrid (your choice!), you will be a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Back End Software Engineer
is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- As a Senior Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select, and guide teams to use the right tools for the right job and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Strong expertise in Java and their respective eco-systems – other experience in NodeJS, Go, is beneficial
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Deep expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good understanding of clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- Experience with Java Spring framework including Spring boot, Spring REST
- Hands-on experience in container solutions: Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with messaging (Kafka)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services i.e. experience with Elastic Search
- Knowledge SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of building RESTful services
- Sense of humour, positive attuite
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
At TUI we have set standards for placing people in specific roles and levels of experience. We are very keen to ensure that everyone recognizes themselves in the role with the level of experience they deserve. For this purpose, we have adopted a matrix of skills that we use to accompany people to progress in their career path by setting specific personal goals for each one.
To learn more about our career ladder, read here ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA