BASEL OFFICE - Manager Recruiting (Ocean)
À propos du poste
Viking was founded in 1997 and has grown to be the leading small ship travel company, offering destination-focused river, ocean and expedition voyages on all seven continents. Designed for experienced travelers with interests in science, history, culture and cuisine, Chairman Torstein Hagen often says Viking offers guests The Thinking Person’s Cruise® in contrast to mainstream cruises.
With more than 250 awards to its name, the company currently operates a fleet of state-of-the-art ships that have received numerous accolades since their launch from industry experts and travelers alike. For the second year in a row, Viking was voted the #1 River Line and the #1 Ocean Line by Condé Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2022 Readers’ Choice Awards. Viking was also named #1 for both Rivers and Oceans by Travel + Leisure in the 2022 World’s Best Awards making it the only cruise line to reach the top of its categories in both publications in the same year.
The Manager Recruiting is responsible for all recruitment related activities within Viking ocean cruises.
Please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or in possession of a valid work permit.
• The main responsibility of the Manager Recruiting is to ensure a stable pipeline of accepted candidates over all vacant positions on all vessels. This includes organizing, conducting and evaluating successful assessment centers; maintain a healthy relationship with our partner agencies and representing Viking Cruises as an Employer of Choice within the cruise industry
• The Manager Recruiting will report to the Senior Recruiting Manager
• Travel within this position is around 50%
• Verify recruiting profiles & selection criteria with all involved departments
• Regularly updating recruiting requirements based on operational needs and following HR policy
• Managing and updating the application pool database
• Supervision and control over candidate resource pool
• Conduct personal and Video interviews for onboard crew, senior officers, corporate- and head-office positions
• Organization and execution of assessment centers (location planning, communication with recruiting agencies worldwide, screening, selection, interviews, statistics)
• Efficient handling of crewing requests with best practice to meet deadlines
• Participate in recruiting events worldwide with our partner agencies following SOP’s and company standards
• Support defining measures to establish employer branding in the relevant markets in close coordination with global marketing
• Research competitor conditions, visa requirements & industry trends (Benchmarking)
• Follow defined recruiting processes in an effective & efficient manner to ensure given budgets and optimize if necessary
• Ensure adequate reporting of recruiting status quo & measures at all times
• Maintain business relationships with a trusted network of high quality recruiting agencies in all relevant markets
À propos de vous
• Experience on an ocean vessel in an upscale cruise line within a management role is preferred
• Full understanding of all individual positions over all departments is required
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, additional languages are a plus
• Excellent computer knowledge (Office, SuccessFactors), administrative experience
• Excellent organizational and communicational skills
• Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
CULTURE & BENEFITS
• Fast-growing and dynamic environment, a modern workspace, flexible working hours and hybrid model
• Restaurant and regular company activities (e.g., cooking classes, sponsorship to sport events, …)
• Free cruise (for you and your +1) every year and friends & family special discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our website www.vikingcareers.com, including your CV in English and a one-page cover letter to introduce yourself and your interest for the role.
For more details about this position, contact Virginia Belli under +41 61 638 60 11
THE VIKING STORY
Viking was founded in 1997 and provides destination-focused voyages on oceans, rivers and lakes around the world. Designed for experienced travelers with interests in science, history, culture and cuisine, Chairman Torstein Hagen often says Viking offers experiences for The Thinking Person®.
Viking has more than 250 awards to its name, including being rated #1 for Rivers, #1 for Oceans and #1 for Expeditions by Condé Nast Traveler and voted at the top of its categories by Travel + Leisure. No other cruise line has ever received these same honors by both publications at the same time.