À propos du poste
Part of our Housekeeping team on our Ocean vessels, the Assistant Chief Housekeeper supports the Executive Housekeeper to oversee a variety of housekeeping functions to ensure the smooth running of the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department. The Assistant Chief Housekeeper reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON BOARD
• Monitor par levels of all lockers within the relevant working areas and ensure that sufficient supplies are available for the Stateroom Host; arrange for the collection of general store items as per the schedule and ensure that all items are properly distributed to lockers within the relevant working areas; complete the weekly general supply requisition and submit the requisition for approval.
• Ensure that all logs are signed and up-to-date in the designated housekeeping areas, follow up & keep track of all special cleaning matrixes including cleaning of curtains, carpet shampoo, furniture, shower head sanitation, etc.
• Regularly inspect Housekeeping areas including Guest Staterooms, public areas, corridors and lockers to ensure that these areas are according to company policies and procedures and employee health and fire/chemical safety. Any damages/malfunctions found during such inspection must be corrected accordingly and reported to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies; manage service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
• Provide competent leadership to all direct reports. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed, ensuring Maritime Labor Convention (MLC) compliance and onboard training, succession planning, crew communication and recognition.
WHY JOIN VIKING?
Elevate Your Career
Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations with:
• Paid training program in skills and approach to premium hospitality services
• On-the-job coaching to help you advance rapidly
• A lifelong network of hospitality professionals from many different countries
• Internal transfer opportunities to River, Ocean and Expedition ships
On board our ship
• Lodging, meals, unlimited Wi-Fi, uniforms, and laundry are free of charge for all crew members
Crew cabins with only 2 berths (you will have one roommate).
• Travel to/from the ship provided by Viking
• Crew-only deck, dedicated recreational spaces and activities
• Access to use the guest fitness center during certain hours
• Referral program
• Loyalty bonuses
• No tax deduction
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s #1 small ship travel company - with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels sail over 100 itineraries around the world. In 2022, Viking expanded its award-winning fleet with two expedition ships built specifically to explore the world's most remote destinations, as well as a new Mississippi River ship.
À propos de vous
• Must have shipboard experience or premium hospitality experience - at least 1 year in the same role; must have experience in leading a multi-cultural team.
• Fluent in English - must be able to address any kind of information in an adequate manner with excellent oral English communication skills.
• Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards are required; team builder with exceptional motivational skills and coaching ability is required; must have a keen eye for cleanliness and attention to detail.
• Must have strong administrative skills, including proficiency with PC based databases, spreadsheets, and word processing systems. Must demonstrate effective stress management skills.
• Must have a proven and comprehensive knowledge of all Public Health and Sanitary Policies compliance.