À propos du poste
Part of our Galley team on our River vessels, the Chef de Partie prepares meals to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards and HACCP rules. The Chef de Partie reports to Executive Chef and Sous-Chef.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON BOARD
• Prepare and serve daily meals (breakfast, lunch, teatime, dinner) for crew and guests according to menu cycle and Executive Chef manual.
• Order and manage stock in cooperation with Executive Chef, ensuring correct handling of all products and equipment.
• Maintain a clean working area in compliance with HACCP rules and company standards.
• Conduct stock takes and inventory according to company procedures, establish par levels and participate in loading processes.
• Assist in opening and closing ships at start and end of season, and participate in onboard training programs.
• Perform luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation days and provide assistance in other departments as required by supervisors.
WHY JOIN VIKING?
Elevate Your Career
Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations with:
• Paid training program in skills and approach to premium hospitality services
• On-the-job coaching to help you advance rapidly
• A lifelong network of hospitality professionals from many different countries
• Internal transfer opportunities to River, Ocean and Expedition ships
On board our ship
• Lodging, meals, unlimited Wi-Fi, uniforms, and laundry are free of charge for all crew members
• Crew cabins with only 2 berths (you will have one roommate).
• Travel to/from the ship provided by Viking
• Dedicated crew areas and activities
• Sundeck area for crew use
• Employee benefits
• Paid vacation
• Referral program
• Loyalty bonuses
• No immediate tax deduction – potential for tax-free salary, depending on nationality
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the hotel/catering industry/restaurants
• International experience/ship experience is an advantage
• Good command of English; fluency in other languages is an advantage
• Ability to work independently, prioritize guest satisfaction
• Flexibility, stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, and neat appearance
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s #1 small ship travel company - with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels sail over 100 itineraries around the world. In 2022, Viking expanded its award-winning fleet with two expedition ships built specifically to explore the world's most remote destinations, as well as a new Mississippi River ship.
À propos de vous
• Min. 2 years professional experience in hotel /catering industry/ restaurants
• International experience /ship experience is an asset
• Good English skills, other languages are an asset
• Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
• Ability to train and motivate subordinates
• Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual