À propos du poste
Part of our Galley team on our River vessels, the Commis de Cuisine prepares meals to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and ensure compliance with Viking River Cruises Standards and HACCP rules. The Commis de Cuisine reports to Executive Chef and Sous-Chef.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON BOARD
• Assist with preparing and cooking daily meals for crew and guests according to Executive Chef Manual and menu cycle
• Handle groceries, products, and galley equipment with care; conduct inventory and stock takes
• Ensure proper waste disposal and adherence to HACCP rules and company standards
• Maintain cleanliness in galley and production areas; participate in onboard training programs
• Assist Executive Chef with food supply orders and budget management, keeping food cost within budget
WHY JOIN VIKING?
Elevate Your Career
Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations with:
• Paid training program in skills and approach to premium hospitality services
• On-the-job coaching to help you advance rapidly
• A lifelong network of hospitality professionals from many different countries
• Internal transfer opportunities to River, Ocean and Expedition ships
On board our ship
• Lodging, meals, unlimited Wi-Fi, uniforms, and laundry are free of charge for all crew members
• Crew cabins with only 2 berths (you will have one roommate).
• Travel to/from the ship provided by Viking
• Dedicated crew areas and activities
• Sundeck area for crew use
• Employee benefits
• Paid vacation
• Referral program
• Loyalty bonuses
• No immediate tax deduction – potential for tax-free salary, depending on nationality
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s #1 small ship travel company - with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels sail over 100 itineraries around the world. In 2022, Viking expanded its award-winning fleet with two expedition ships built specifically to explore the world's most remote destinations, as well as a new Mississippi River ship.