Description du poste
WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. Today, we offer access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being part of the WeWork community.
About the Role
The Commercial Management Group provides estimating, cost planning and cost management services support from inception through design, construction and financial close-out. The Pre – Construction/ Estimation Manager is accountable for assigned pre-construction budgeting and estimating deliverables. They will also support the Pre-Construction Manager with management of the bid/leveling/award process when selecting General Contractors.
The ideal candidate will have strong take-off, estimating, budgeting, communication / organization skills, and a track record of working on multiple projects (with various sizes and complexity) at any one time while achieving all target deliverable dates. They will also have a solid track record of effectively working across multiple functional groups and have experience working at various stages of design. Lastly, they should demonstrate that they are self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision, a great teammate, and have a passion for real estate development, design and construction.
· Partner with the design, delivery and sales team to ensure all submitted budgets are accurate and align with all design, scope and financial objectives
· Provide high level feasibility estimates from early concept level and/or due diligence information, including all soft, hard construction and direct costs
· Develop detailed cost estimates from Schematic and Design Development level information
· Prepare cost comparison/reconcile with control budget; flag potential cost increases / risks
· Manage the Value Engineering process, reporting and tracking costs
· Support the Pre-Construction Manager with management of the bid/leveling/award process when selecting General Contractors
· Support the Project Delivery team with Change Order Management
· Continually update in-house cost benchmarking and pricing data
· Maintains current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes in order to ensure complete bids from Contractors
· Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
· Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
· Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or Management or equivalent work experience is required
· 3-5 years of general construction estimating experience in commercial interior fit-outs
· Well-developed estimating, financial analysis, budgeting and computer skills are required
· Excellent take-off skills with OST, Bluebeam, Revit or other similar software
· Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
· Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
· Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
· Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
· Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
· Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
· Computer skills of using ProCore, Onscreen Takeoff, and Microsoft office
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.
Intéressé(e) par cette offre ?