Regional Sales Trainer
Description du poste
Regional Sales Trainer | Sales Enablement | New York, USA
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Opportunity
WeWork is seeking a vibrant, talented and proactive individual to join our Sales Enablement Team supporting the US and Canada, based in New York City. Working with a lean, highly collaborative team, you will drive local efforts focused on coaching, consulting, creating, facilitating, measuring and managing our world-class sales training and enablement initiatives. This role is instrumental in ensuring all our different sales teams ramp up effectively and perform optimally at all stages of the sales process.
Applicants should exemplify teamwork and professionalism. The ideal candidate will have experience in training, sales, and/or sales performance. This individual will thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and be comfortable managing shifting priorities, organizational change, and multiple stakeholders. All applicants must have an interest in training and delivery, experience preferred.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with USC sellers + leaders on strategic enablement initiatives to drive revenue across the region based on sales priorities, business needs, and industry trends.
- Deliver and execute local onboarding and primary sales training and enablement programs to scale basic sales knowledge across the region, localizing for market nuances.
- Design and develop content for team initiatives on various local and/or global projects.
- Liaise with key partners, including sales operations, marketing, L&D, and human resources to leverage synergies in resources and training programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and enablement solutions, measure return on investment and impact on business readiness.
- General coordination, communication and administration for all local enablement programs.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Sales or Sales Training (closing sales experience a big plus)
- Other relevant experience: L&D, sales performance roles
- Other relevant experience: L&D, sales performance roles
- Experience leading presentations and group meetings (in person and/or virtually)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Passionate about business results and quality, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics and ownership
- Experience working in a multi-team sales organization, managing stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability to create high-quality programs and client-ready materials.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated self-confidence, business acumen, and an interest in presenting to large groups.
- Impeccable attention to detail and project management skills, sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to present information clearly in an engaging manner (through client work, internal training, etc.)
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, specifically related to office space.
- Strong understanding of adult learning and behavioural change theory and models.
- Experience acting as a coach or consultant in a business setting, sales coaching preferred.
Life at WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.