Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Director of TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA to join our team in the UK.Job Summary
The Director of TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA position requires a candidate whose experience and skill set offers a combination of key aspects in order to be successful. In particularly, account management, incorporating a pro-active sales approach, as well as positive team management whilst leading the segmentation and strategy of the TMC & Corporate Sales for the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will maximise exposure and drive market share for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WH&R) franchised and managed hotels across the brands in the EMEA region, representing the hotels across these key accounts, whilst also executing the TMC & Corporate strategy across the wider EMEA region.Key Expectations
Key expectations of the role, include but are not limited to:
- Negotiating and delivering contracts on behalf of WH&R with key global Corporate and TMC clients and ensuring these key relationships are at an optimal level
- Responsible for driving RFP solicitation from a base of corporate clients into WH&R properties, either directly or through their nominated business travel intermediary.
- To lead and develop a team overseeing key and strategic Corporate & TMC accounts
This position requires a consultative sales approach acting in partnership with the client base and travel intermediaries, thereby delivering revenue opportunity and market share for the hotels, franchise partners and WH&R. Measurement will ultimately be based on consumed revenues; however, RFP solicitations and other appropriate matrix will be used to agree targets.
In addition to the above the candidate will require a professional approach to positively represent WH&R both internally and externally at key industry events, as well as taking a proactive lead where applicable in the relevant industry associations and relationships with key internal stakeholders. Complexity
The Director TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA will work remotely or be based in the UK office, they will take responsibility for an existing account portfolio whilst making independent business decisions that will assist them in the achievement of their goals and targets. They will lead a team specialising in key and strategic account management. The Director TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA will be expected to work diligently with our field sales teams across EMEA, as well as when required our franchise and management partners, to gain a greater understanding of their needs and product offering. The individual will be expected to offer a level of expertise and educate the wider EMEA team as well as engaging with global sales colleagues across the wider GSO set up, particularly through the RFP process. This role will be expected to ensure that our franchisee partners have opportunities to interact with our GSO accounts through organisation of events such as sales missions and attendance at trade shows. Scope/Financial Responsibility
Although this position does not manage a cost centre, it is the responsibility of the Director TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA to manage their expenses accordingly. All team members must review cost of sale and ROI against all business trips, marketing opportunities and overall spend in their region. The Director TMC & Corporate Sales EMEA is responsible for submitting a Travel and Entertainment Expense Report monthly.Abilities/Key Competencies/Skills
- Comprehensive commercial knowledge of the hospitality sector in the marketplace
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and targets
- Flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the business, taking on new ideas, initiatives, brands and responsibilities as they present themselves
- Ability to work simultaneously on numerous initiatives and priorities often under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and parts of the world
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations
- Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment
- Works with a high level of accountability, results orientated and dependable
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty
- College/University Degree or additional experience equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in hotel sales, preferably Corporate and TMC
- Full local driving license preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in an additional European language is an advantage.
- Highest level of competency in the use of Microsoft office programs is required
- Previous experience of working with lead generation and CRM systems is also essential
This role will report to the Head of Multinational Sales EMEA.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.Job Location:
WHG United Kingdom, 4th Floor, 3 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London W6 8DA
Employment Status: Full-timeEmployment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.What we expect from you
You will play an important part in our mission to make travel possible for all by:
∙ Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
∙ Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
∙ Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
∙ Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
∙ Competitive salary and benefits.
∙ Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
∙ A Culture of Diversity & Inclusion - Our inclusive culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse customers and communities around the world.About Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.