Description du poste
The Director of Sales and Events has direct oversight of the Sales and Event operations of the hotel. Responsibilities include the Sales, Marketing and Events Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings. Additionally, this role leads the development and implementation of both short-term and long-term strategies in all sales, catering and marketing channels to achieve hotel’s revenue goals and increase market share performance.
The Director of Sales and Events leads sales and event managers, trainees, interns, and administrative staff. They manage recruitment and hiring of sales and event services staff, training, managing and coaching managers in their selling and servicing process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues. Must be able to train and monitor the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts. The Director of Sales and Events reports directly to the General Manager with oversight from the Regional Vice President of Sales and Events.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the property''s Leadership Committee, the Director of Sales and Events is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership.
Successful leaders at Hyatt lead by example and model the organizations values and purpose. Hyatt provides an innovative environment where you can take pride in developing yourself and those around you. We achieve success for and through others by building trust and engagement, resulting in impactful outcomes for all stakeholders. If you would like to participate in a caring award winning environment this experience is for you.
- Relevant Sales and Event Services experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Professional presentations skills
- Must be a caring leader that builds trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships.
- Innovative thinker that will challenge business processes and concepts in order to drive results.
- Must be creative and strategic in developing marketing/advertising campaigns and be managing various social media platforms
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be proficient with computers as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet
- Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs
- Flexible to work some nights and weekends when necessary based on business and staffing needs