Description du poste
The Senior Director - BMSC Analytics serves as the performance analysis expert on the Asia Pacific Continent Revenue Management team. This position is responsible for -
- creating the analytical approaches to address specific questions/ issues in Asia Pacific and communicating the results and implications to Senior leadership.
- ensuring that analytical infrastructure and team deployment supports the most efficient and effective ways to reveal performance opportunities across Revenue Management, Sales, Digital, Distribution & Loyalty
- leading performance monitoring for all hotels in the Continent and make recommendations on focus areas to drive market share amongst several other metrics based on analysis of performance and projections
- collaborating with key stakeholders, including, but not limited to, discipline Vice Presidents, Area Directors and Remote Solutions Revenue Leaders
- leading Data Strategy, Topline Performance and Analysis teams to ensure consistent service delivery to all stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline (finance, operations research, economics, mathematics, statistics, etc.).
· MBA/ advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
· Minimum 7 or more years of progressive hospitality Revenue Management work experience
· Strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; able to collaborate effectively with others in a highly-matrixed environment
· Comfort with large amounts of complex data from multiple sources coupled with the ability to see linkages and relationships within and between sources.
· Adept at managing change, comfortable with abruptly-created deadlines, and equipped with the ability to lead through influence
· Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical business partners
· Detail-orientation with the ability to consistently deliver error-free work products
· Translation of analytical results into clear insights that understood by Senior Executives
· Experience evaluating business trends, completing complex analysis, and recommending specific actions
· Executive understanding of database warehousing & management systems, advanced data analysis/visualization tools and techniques
· Experience with and comfort using advanced statistical analysis is desirable
Skills and Competencies
· Leads analysis efforts to identify revenue and profit opportunities. Uses the results of this analysis to help the rest of the Continent team focus and prioritizes their efforts to drive market share and hotel profit.
· Monitors hotels’ performance, by utilizing all relevant tools, data and reports. Uses the results of this analysis to educate the team on performance trends and potential opportunities or areas of concern.
· Excellent knowledge in both the technical and strategic processes of Revenue Management.
· Strong working knowledge of current data analysis tools and techniques.
· Excellent analysis and proactive approach to learn from other industries’ standards and practices in Revenue Management.
· Demonstrated ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner.
· Demonstrate success in evaluating risks and developing proactive strategies and plans to mitigate business issues.
· Able to translate business needs into actions; ensures that all work is completed effectively; solves problems and monitors the progress of work against schedules and budgets; maintains high performance standards.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
· Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
· Team player; collaborative and works well with others in market and with the Revenue Management Global Lodging Services (GLS) organization.
· Delivers results and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure; engages in fixing the problem vs. just identifying the problem.
· Strategic and analytical thinker; makes decisions using data.
· Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change; supports, manages and initiates positive change.
· Innovative thinker; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to MI challenges and/or create something entirely new.
· Conducts Annual Revenue Plan – provides systems, tools and guidance to hotels and continent leaders to generate “ground up” forecasts of future RevPAR performance.
· Conducts LRP and Budget – Utilizes the Annual Revenue Plan, works with VP and finance to generate brand RevPAR forecasts for the Long Range Plan (three year forecasts) and Budget (annual forecast).
· Develops tools to identify revenue opportunities and analyze performance for transient and group segments.
· Develops measurement techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of property/ brand pricing and major pricing initiatives.
· Monitors, evaluates and contributes to the enhancement of the effectiveness of the revenue management systems and inventory management efforts.
· Works closely with operations research and systems personnel in creating and developing decision support systems that will lead to enhanced revenues.
· Responds to requests from Revenue Management stakeholders and other Sales and Marketing stakeholders for data and analysis.
· Conducts special projects, including ad hoc requests for information, analysis and recommendations relative to Revenue Management initiatives.
Demand Generation/ Promotions
· Studies forward forecast to determine when and where we need demand generation.
· Studies source markets to determine where target demand stimulation with leisure offers.
· Determines the optimal timing of the booking window to drop a short booking window to stimulate demand type offer.
· Determines which pricing products will strategically fit (Rate Parity Online, Rational Pricing, etc).
· Performs profit hurdle analysis for all promotions to ensure we have clear picture of demand hurdles needed for profitability.
· Aligns and gets commitment from properties in field.
· Partners with Field marketing for marketing feel & collateral, and implementation through: METT database marketing (Rewards), MEO (rewards), banner advertising via travel sites (trip advisor, etc).
· Partners with e-Commerce: implementation through: Marriott.com, OTA Sites (Expedia), and other channels like TravelZoo.
· Measures pricing effectiveness of offers while in market and react as needed.
· Posts offer analysis to determine if demand hurdles were achieved to reach profit goals.
· Works with GLS team to ensure above property diagnostic tools are beneficial when determining when a hotel is overpriced or underpriced.
· Performs detailed pricing audit work on priority hotels. Provides regional and area team with comprehensive recommendations. Area Director to pull through with GM and property strategy team.
· Provides market level forward view demand analysis to pro-actively spot both mix and pricing opportunities.
· Provides hands on project management of initiatives during Special Corp pricing season.
· Provides hands on project management of initiatives during Wholesaler pricing season.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Revenue Management-Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system.
o Economics and Finance-Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
o Analysis-The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data and make recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
o Inferential Analysis-Using trends and analysis to predict or project beyond presented information, making business-related decisions on the basis of available data, forming recommendations based on interpretation of data.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Temps plein
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Ventes et marketing
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat