Description du poste
Performs accounting functions in support of the company's or department's financial tracking, payables processing and reporting requirements. Audits expense reports for conformity with internal policy and I.R.S. regulations. Provides guidance and interpretation to others regarding regulations and procedures. Develops alternative solutions and approaches when necessary. Collects financial data from multiple sources to prepare accounting entries. Researches and responds to inquiries regarding problems and discrepancies with financial date and makes corrections to entries as necessary.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience as an accounting assistant or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Accounting, or related major; 2 years’ experience as an accounting assistant or related professional area.
- Knowledge of established bookkeeping and accounting procedures typically gained through extensive years of related accounting experience.
- Knowledge of one or more business software applications primarily spreadsheet, database or mainframe.
- Audits expense reports for conformity with internal policy and I.R.S. regulations.
- Provides guidance and interpretation to others regarding regulations and procedures.
- Collects financial data from multiple sources to prepare accounting entries.
- Researches and responds to inquiries regarding problems and discrepancies with financial date and makes corrections to entries as necessary.
- Verifies mathematical accuracy of accounting documents and reports. Determines and makes appropriate corrections.
- Codes a full-range of accounting entries following accounting guidelines.
- Processes data through an automated accounting system to record items such as operating expenses/accounts payable, travel expenses and other miscellaneous journal entries.
- Verifies the accuracy of entries by analyzing edit reports.
- Reviews transactions rejected by the accounting system. Researches the reason for the rejection (e.g., coding, mathematical errors) and prepares the correcting entries.
- Performs data entry into a tracking or reporting system utilizing spreadsheet, database or software applications to develop detailed back-up schedules for accounting entries.
- Reconciles discrepancies in amounts charged to accounting including complex accounts (e.g., bank accounts) that contain specialized non-recurring transactions. Researches discrepancies and unusual transactions/issues. Identifies errors, assesses the impact of the error and proposes corrections.
- Assists in completing filing requirements mandated by outside governmental agencies.
- May supervise other permanent or temporary support staff associates.
- Maintains filing systems within the department, retrieves documents and responds to requests for information from the documents as necessary.
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and work is generally reviewed at the completion of the project.
Incumbent is responsible for prioritizing all work assignments.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions
- and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues
- impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources,
- meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely,
- professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and
- professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
- Temps plein
- Plantation, FL, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat