Description du poste
JOB REQUIREMENTS ABOUT US:
Centara West Bay Hotel & Residences Doha part of Centara Hotels & Resorts, a group whose traditions goes back over 30 years, continues to grow and expand in new and exciting destinations, which include China, Cuba, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Thailand. All Centara Hotels & Resorts welcomes you with warm and gracious hospitality inspired and drawn from Thailand’s rich culture and heritage.
Responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business/office systems, computer networks and telephone systems throughout the hotel. Additionally, responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support.
- Ensures all guests related equipment/services are up to highest hotel standards that would protect 100% guest satisfaction (e.g. Guest WIFI, telephone, IPTV, any other related equipment/services)
- Responsible for smooth functioning and coordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS), IPTV, telephone systems and other software vendors
- Ensures all conference and meetings are set up if requested for all IT & T needs including audio & visual systems
- Analyzes business operations, specifies, researches top technologies, recommends cost effective solutions, plans and performs the implementation of systems-related policies, procedures and standards
- Researches current trends, industry best practices and emerging technologies. Evaluates their applicability to the company and/or our customers and makes recommendations based on business needs
- Conducts testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and back-up systems. Ensures appropriate disaster recovery configurations and plans are documented and tested
- Plans and manages to prepare IT opex/capex budget related to hardware, software fees, budget to replace server, network equipment, upgrade software or initiative new applications.
- Supervises of all daily and weekly IT procedures in the hotel
- Designs and implements preventive maintenance for all IT hardware & software
- Checks daily backups, all system interfaces, server hardware and logs
- Manages IT supervisors and officers, assigns their daily jobs, and trains them on all necessary theoretical and practical procedures, troubleshooting and support in compliance with corporate standards
- Follows up all claims that are forwarded to the IT Department
- Documents and archives all correspondence and troubleshooting and follows up suppliers’ visits and maintenance
- Develops and adapts any ideas that raise IT services to higher standard
- Identifies any gaps in operational effectiveness that might create risk to the IT Department and devises plans to mitigate risk and improve operations
- Investigates and reports software problems to the vendor, or MIS regional, area or corporate office
- Trains selected hotel employees to take on major responsibilities of system management in his/her absence
- Maintains technical and user documentation, system reports and newsletters
- Completes and distributes a monthly activity report to HOD
- Conducts inspection of hotel accommodation/public areas to enhance the guest experience
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, servers, workstations, networking equipment, PABX, email accounts; supports for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure
- Must know the Network fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration
- Handles Anti-virus setup and day to day support
- Performs systems audit and assess its outcomes
- Ensures that policies and procedure relating to PCI compliance are updated
- Prepares Policy & Procedures for the IT Department and for the user department Local SOPs in addition to Corporate SOP
- Ensures compliance with local government IT Policy for the industry and updates time to time
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Ensures cleanliness of all data equipment and computer rooms
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Management
- Preferably locally available candidates.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information technology, MIS or similar field.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in similar position preferably in hospitality business.
- Experience with hospitality related applications and or systems (PMS, POS, Key card, PBX, Voice mail, Payroll, Sun Back office system); excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Strong leadership skills and able to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Effective management skills.
- Knowledge of commercial business, it relates to hotel management.
- Proficiency in English.
- Good health, mature and pleasant personality and neat appearance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Corporate Human Resources Department by emailing the below.