Description du poste
The Sommelier is responsible to supervise the day-to-day operation of the hotel’s wine stock. He maintains quality standards in conformity to Constance Belle Mare Plage. He also produces all wine orders as well as a monthly wine sales analysis.
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At Management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Plan, coordinate and control all wine organization and activities.
- Apply and ensure application of standards and procedures as define in the standard operating manual.
- Apply and ensure application of procedures and regulations concerning hygiene and safety as well as alcoholic beverage service.
- Make sure that all materials and equipment made available for wine service are correctly used and participate accordingly in inventory process.
- Be able to manage the wine service in the different outlets and have product knowledge in wine and also other alcoholic beverages such as cocktails, beers and spirits.
- Guide guests in their choice of wine to accompany their food and advise them on any other accompaniments to a meal such as classic aperitifs, cocktails, cigars, digestives as well as liqueurs.
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices.
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices.
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware.
- Store open bottles properly to maintain strong taste.
- Manage wine cellar and ensure same is replenished accordingly.
- Negotiate purchase prices with wine vendors.
- Organize wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events.
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with Chefs and the Head Sommelier.
- Ensure that all stock deliveries are properly documented and stored to the correct temperature to prevent minimum wastage.
- Assist the Head Sommelier in training of other team members on wine knowledge.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Any other cognate duties as instructed by Head Sommelier or Management.
- Knowledgeable: As a sales person, the sommelier must have an extensive knowledge of wine.
- Communication: At the heart of the establishment’s operation he needs to be able to communicate with the staff, management, suppliers and the guests in a professional manner. The Sommelier needs to be quick to react to customer’s complaints and unusual service situations.
- Approachable: He should be approachable and able to share his knowledge with the staff and guests in a confident and professional manner.
- Sales oriented: He must be able to recommend wines to guests and use upselling techniques to improve profits in order to meet financial targets.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a Luxury Resort
- Good wine knowledge & hotel operations
- Shall possess good leadership skills
- Good knowledge of IT
- HSC holder or equivalent
- Diploma in Wine or in a related field will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
- Chinese language is a must
- Temps plein
- Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
- Restauration autre
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
The beach is perfectly protected by an offshore coral reef, making it suitable for all water sports activities.
Guests have access to other facilities like the gym, U Spa featuring Ymalia, tennis courts, kids’ club and a range of boutiques.
Its seven restaurants and six bars have contributed to the fame of Constance Hotels and Resorts’s culinary spirit.
With its two 18-hole golf courses, Constance Belle Mare Plage launched the first PGA-approved golf tournament in Mauritius and is the proud golf pioneer on the island.