Description du poste
Do you see yourself as a Chef?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we’re interested in YOU.
The Crowne Plaza White Plains is a well known landmark hotel in the Westchester, White Plains area. Located in the heart of the downtown district, this hotel enjoys an upscale and affluent clientele. The Crowne Plaza White Plains boasts an excellent local reputation and has served as host for many of Westchester’s most prestigious corporate and social clients.
By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our goal of creating great hotels guests love. We currently have a position available for Temporary Chef.
This will be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual who share our passion for taking care of our guests. This professionally trained individual must be dedicated to providing customers with prompt enthusiastic service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide and are available as well as access to wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Mostly importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself
So What’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
- Temps plein
- White Plains, NY, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat