Description du poste
Addison Cook III
This Culinary position for Addison, our Fine Dining Restaurant, requires fundamental culinary skills or related experience, as well as good communication skills. This is a fast-paced position.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation. Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director & Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Addison standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Ensure assigned station is ready for service, with all menus items.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Prepare all guest orders on time including special requests.
- Complete a proper requisition ensuring all products has been order for following day.
- Return all food items not used on shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Control food waste, loss and usage.
- Perform directed instruction from a manager and/or supervisor that is within reasonable standards of health or orderly business operations.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Understanding of daily culinary operations, able to assist other team members before and during service
- Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
- Ability to make soups, sauces & stocks
- Ability to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Ability to perform basic knife skills
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- High school or equivalent education required.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Insert all requirements as needed
Visa Requirements: Please insert verbiage around hotel's ability to support visas/work permits.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Temps plein
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat