Description du poste
Assistant Director of Finance
To assist the Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of the hotel’s operations, to ensure that all local and corporate policies and procedures are observed and to supervise the day to day operations of the Accounting office.
The Assistant Director of Finance must assist the DOF in compiling timely and accurate financial management reports, as required by the corporate office and the owners. Also, the Assistant Director of Finance must assume responsibility for the management of the entire Accounting as Office Manager as designated in the departmental reporting flow chart.
The Assistant Director of Finance must assist the DOF in order to ensure that proper internal controls are in place. Also, he/she must play a role in the development of the accounting staff including hiring, training, cross-training, and development in order to meet the hotel’s and the Company’s human resources needs.
• Must be able to function on behalf of the DOF in his absence.
• Must have thorough knowledge of all jobs in the Accounting areas.
• Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
• Monitoring and supervising the accounting department’s daily routines to ensure smooth, effective, and efficient daily work practices.
• Performing the account reconciliation’s, account analysis and closing procedures at month end.
• Verifying the accuracy and timeliness of all of the audit transactions and monitoring adherence to established procedures. Also, the Assistant Financial Director of Finance is responsible for the accuracy of all internal reporting (Daily Revenue Report, Daily Labor Report, Cash Over/Short report, etc.)
• Supervising the filing and maintenance of all accounting related documents and records in accordance with the document retention section of this manual.
• Conducting a productive weekly departmental meeting to communicate all pertinent departmental, hotel, and Company information.
• Working with the DOF to plan, recruit and hire departmental staff. Also, the Assistant Director of Finance must oversee the training, cross training, and development of the departmental staff.
• Performing related tasks and duties as assigned by the DOF such as assisting with forecasting, budgeting, internal control, and completing account analysis.
• Prepare all financial statements, accruals and journal entries, and maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Performs other duties that the DOF assigns.
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with all departments within the hotel.
- Maintain close, frequent, and open communication with the General Manager and other Department Heads as well as with the Finance Team.
- Maintain supportive, timely communications with Regional Finance Officers.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Hotel policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all Hotel guests, clients, staff, and employees.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality at all times.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY:
- To follow the Hotel set safety standards, and adhere to all rules and regulations as set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to take reasonable care at work so as not to put self or others at unnecessary risk.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees.
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Fluent in Turkish & English
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times