Description du poste
Management Trainee, Housekeeping
To groom, nurture and develop young talent for junior management positions with potential to grow within the organization and/or the group. This programme allows the Hotel to be equipped with a ready pool of leaders for future succession planning.
Management Trainee Programme
Management Trainees (MT) will embark on a 12-month training programme in preparation for assuming a leadership role within the department. Throughout the 12-month rotation, the Management Trainee will learn the basics and be rotated within the different positions/sections in the department.
An individualized development plan is created to map out rotations based on the individual’s background, experience and exposure. This program offers the Management Trainee to acquire work experience from ground level whilst gaining customer service skills and developing supervisory skills. Upon successful completion of the 12-month rotation, the candidate will be placed in a suitable management position, serving an 18-month bond with the company.
Strategically located in the heart of Singapore’s shopping, dining and entertainment districts and with the City Hall Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train station and other major transportation nodes at its doorstep, Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford are the gateway to explore Singapore’s landscapes at your convenience. With a total of 2,028 well-appointed guestrooms, both hotels offer a distinct collection of 15 lifestyle and dining choices, cutting-edge meeting space at Raffles City Convention Centre and one of Asia’s largest spas, Willow Stream Spa.
The Housekeeping Team is managed by a professional, friendly and dedicated team of Room Attendants, House Attendants and Team Leaders. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Management Trainee will inspire your team - not only to ensure an exception in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Standard Operating Procedures for Rooms Cleaning/Checking
· Housekeeping Management Systems which includes Opera, E-Housekeeping
· Inventory Control/Purchasing Procedures
· Budget and Forecast reports
· Mastering soft skills through interaction with various departments, handling guest feedback, coaching colleagues
· Projects Exposures related to productivity, expense control and guest satisfaction
· Participation in committees
- Shift Work (including Sundays and PHs)
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be able to bend and lift heavy items
The position is only open to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management or related disciplines
- Fresh degree holders are preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Possesses a positive attitude, mature, highly initiative and a self-starter
- Leadership ability, possesses drive and passion to serve others
- A good team player who is able to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced ever-changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit: http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ or www.swissotel.com/EN/Careers/RECRUITMENT/join us.htm to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Temps plein
- Downtown Core, Singapore, Singapour
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat