Description du poste
Front Office Supervisor
First impressions are everything! As a Front Office Supervisor with Fairmont St Andrews you have the opportunity to provide a welcome experience like no other. To ensure that all guests who visit the hotel receive a level of service and hospitality that exceeds their expectations by giving an added value experience through attention to detail and continuous customer focus.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
Ensure the completion of daily pre arrival (3 day and prior day reservations) checks and that guest preferences or requests are adhered to where possible.
Initiate guest contact with regular guests and Fairmont Presidents Club members, and VIP’s, by telephone call and “meet and greet” in order to create customer loyalty to the resort and brand.
- In the absence of the Guest Service Manager actively participate in pre-Convention meetings and awareness of the key points for each group arriving at the hotel and the communication of these points to the team.
- Act as a point of contact for all guests during their stay and undertake Duty Management responsibilities at the resort.
- Liaise with all other departments in the resort in order to assist in facilitating complete Guest Service.
- Through delivery of or our mission statement and Service Promise ensure the guests satisfaction is met by the front office.
- Ensure that guest service issues are resolved and requests for additional special services are carried out.
- Ensure the effective follow up of all guest requests as dictated by the Fairmont standards.
- Manage colleagues in the front office environment effectively and liaise with other leaders within the Rooms Division.
- Assist in the chairing of monthly colleague meetings to maintain communication of key activities and business information to the team and encourage colleague participation in achieving the departmental goals and objectives.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and development of front office colleagues and ensure that a manpower plan is in place for the department.
- Coordinate the colleague schedules, payroll, productivity levels, performance logs and conduct colleague discussions where necessary.
- Assist in the ‘one on one’ colleague reviews and action any key points/issues raised.
Previous experience is an asset
Proficiency in English (verbal and written), second language an asset
Previous customer related experience preferred
Must possess a professional presentation
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Temps plein
- St Andrews, United Kingdom
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat