Description du poste
An exciting opportunity to develop your career journey with Marriott Hotel's as Front Desk Manager at the four star Marriott Forest of Arden in the West Midlands.
In return the Forest of Arden offers its associates a competitive salary, free gym membership, free staff meals, free car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40 and just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill. This elegant Marriott Hotel is one of the top UK Leisure destinations with two golf courses including our championship Arden course and a driving range and our Golf academy. The Forest of Arden also offers outdoor tennis courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and our relaxing Cedarwood Spa with 8 treatment rooms.
Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
Assists the Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Experience within Hotel Front Desk at Senior Supervisor or above required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties as required during peak service or absence.
• Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met working with Assistant Front Office Manager to implement rotas and in time and attendance systems.
• Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager working with the Nights Manager to ensure smooth operation.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention ensuring robust communication with Front Desk team to ensure team understand customer service expectations and provide training and feedback as necessary.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills participating in employee progressive discipline procedures as required.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Temps plein
- England, Royaume-Uni
- Dès que possible