Description du poste
The basis purpose of the Events Specialist (also referred to as Banquet Captain) position is to supervise and oversee the service of event functions, completing daily event related work as assigned by the Events Manager or Director of Banquets.
1. Participates in the service, and removal of food during banquet functions by offering pre-determined menu selections to each table; maintaining knowledge of each selection’s, origin, taste, and preparation method; communicating guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen; checking completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order; transporting items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality and making self available to guests, clients, and group contacts to ensure satisfaction.
2. The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
3. Coordinate set-up requirements for hotel and off-site functions according to the banquet event order, communicate directly with group contacts, Catering Managers, and Conference Services Managers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience.
4. Attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
5. Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
6. Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of event attendants ensuring that that all cultural and core standards are met.
7. Assist with event related duties including closing banquet checks, scheduling, coffee break sheets, preparing supply requisitions and other duties as assigned by the Events Manager or Director of Events.
8. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
9. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required. One to two years previous experience in as an assistant manager position Banquets or Food & Beverage outlet preferred. Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising, and accounting. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Four Seasons offers an award winning work environment and an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary and wages
- Generous medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401 (k) Retirement plan with company match
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Complimentary stays at other Four Seasons properties worldwide
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick days
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us at:
- Watch us at: https://youtu.be/lzq78MIkT2s
Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates
being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Temps plein
- Las Colinas, Irving, TX, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat