Description du poste
Join our team
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us."
Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements with Sales and Catering Department. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved with Housekeeping. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups accordingly to the guest preferences and requests.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. Follows up on credit problems with Front Office Manager and/or Credit Manager. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation. Works closely with Security to ensure guest and staff safety is a priority.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone in a timely manner.
- Ensure all glitches are recorded accordingly. Handles all glitches based on facts and investigate all glitches accurately. To be neutral at all times maintaining professionalism.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Walked all VIPs room prior to their arrival ensuring all preferences and request are provided accordingly. Worked closely with Room Service and Housekeeping team.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Performs Night Audit correctly and ensuring reports are distributed as required. Ensures all rates checks and high balances are monitored and follow up accurately. Prepares discrepancy reports and keep the Front Office Manager informed of all activities during the night shift.
- Routine rounding of the hotel environment including Front & Back of the House, Food & Beverage outlets and public spaces to ensure everything is in working condition. Reports any damages or repairs work on a timely manner and follow up the work has been completed. Ensures that employees grooming are up to standard. Keep Department Head well informed of any area of concerns.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Accepts reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff. Makes confirmation for guest with regards to their booking.
- Can answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.
- Ensure all guest information is entered into PSB “Police Station Bureau” system correctly on a timely manner and registration of guest information is completed accordingly. All guest passport or ID is being scanned and updated. Outside guest/ visitors are registered into the PSB visitor booklet
- Participate with local PSB meeting and ensure all matters related to guest registrations are entered correctly. Maintained a proper relation with the PSB officer working closely with them.
- Worked on public holidays, shifts and additional shifts when deemed necessary based on hotel occupancy and business requirement.
- Must be familiar with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts standard training manual and service culture. Ability to understand the Policy & Procedure and operating manuals.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor above education background.
- Solid working experience within the Front Office.
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Mandarin speaking is a must and work authorization in China is required.
Join us and Enjoy…
- An opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done
- Best-in-industry training
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons properties (based on availability) with discounted meals
- Incentive bonus/competitive salaries
- Employee service awards
- Annual employee party/social and sporting events