Description du poste
Aloha! Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i is seeking a Sushi Supervisor.
JOIN OUR 'OHANA
Nobu Sushi Supervisor is responsible for preparing sushi, sashimi, sushi rolls, recipes and other food items in accordance with the Executive Nobu Chef requirements and the Four Seasons standards of excellence. Nobu Sushi Supervisor is responsible for preparing recipes and Hot & Cold food items in accordance to standard operating procedures. They are responsible for preparation, service, production, and storage of food items.
All Four Seasons Culinary Team Members are expected to deliver truly great service and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Team members must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality, and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
- Prepares sauces, sautés, tempura, wood oven, grilled, and sushi food items in accordance with restaurant needs.
- Performs preliminary prep Hot & Cold Food work in a timely manner.
- Creates Omakase menu and daily specials.
- Prepares food items to ticket order for service to guests. Includes, but not limited to: salads, sushi, sashimi, sushi rolls, cold apps, sauces, hot appetizers, sandwiches, tempura items, entrees, and breakfast items, according to recipe standards.
- Bakes, broils, steams, sautés, grills and fries food items as ordered (or as directed) using proper cooking methods and specifications.
- Prepares plates for service by portioning seafood, adding sauces, and garnishes as specified.
- Prepares sushi, sashimi, and sushi rolls in front of guest presence as needed.
- Maintains exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Ensures food quality is superior and takes action to correct any irregularities.
- Skillfully and knowledgably works each kitchen stations.
- Assists Executive Nobu Chef, Sous Chefs, Sushi Chefs and Cooks as needed in execution of service.
- Removes ticket orders from kitchen printer and call food order while adhering to established Ticket Time production standards.
- Communicates effectively menu items to guests.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional, and responsive customer service to the restaurant service delivery team as well as to co-workers.
- Maintains a clean, organized and stocked work station and kitchen area at all times.
- Puts food deliveries away once delivered, including dry storage, chilled items accordingly and rotate food products to ensure FIFO & freshness. Operates and maintains kitchen production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Follow local Health Department food code rules and regulations as well as safety guidelines.
- Follows all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations.
- Acts as an ambassador of Nobu and has extensive knowledge of all food, and drink menu items, specials, and Nobu history/general information.
- Attends all meetings, trainings, and is aware of events within department.
- Answers questions about hotel, events, outlets, and entertainment.
- Updates equipment logs and sanitation supervision for Nobu Kitchen in accordance with ECOLAB and Health & Safety Inspections.
- Maintains sushi bar product inventory and performs quality assurances for Ordering & Receiving.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have knowledge and experience in the preparation of specialized innovative, New Style, Japanese cuisine.
- Prior experience in preparing nigiri, sashimi, maki, tempura, udon, ramen as well as knowledge of and ability to prepare fish stocks, soups, sauces and dressings.
- Must have experience working all stations on culinary line; must be able to perform the job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy while working as part of a highly functional team.
- Able to prioritize, organize and resolve problems calmly with good judgment under demanding situations.
- Convey a positive image of the restaurant and resort at all times.
- Read, write legibly, understand, and speak English.
- Must be able to speak and understand Japanese.
- 2 years minimum experience in similar position and in a high volume establishment.
- Strong knowledge of Japanese seafood, fish, product, and terminology.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Strong knowledge of kitchen sanitation.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Culinary degree preferred.
Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
FOUR SEASONS RESORTS LANA'I
On this pristine island, Four Seasons Resorts Lana’i provides a one-of-a-kind experience - presenting both ocean and highlands landscapes and balancing a sense of tranquility with an abundance of recreational activities. In our exquisite Resorts - frequently listed among the world's finest - Four Seasons combines the very best of Lana'i. Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i has been named Best Hotel in The USA by U.S. News & World Report, the global authority in rankings and consumer advice, in 2020 Best Hotels rankings. As an employee of the Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i, the opportunities are endless and so are the experiences!
Learn more about what it's like to work at Four Seasons Resorts Lana’i, visit us:
FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Competitive Benefits
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Affordable Employee Housing
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Employee Recognition Programs
We look forward to receiving your application, mahalo!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf