Description du poste
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, and Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and associates to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and associate satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Supervises and manages associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Front Desk Goals
Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
Strives to improve service performance.
Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
Provides feedback to associates based on observation of service behaviors.
Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
Supports Handling of Human Resource Activities
Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Gives appropriate feedback to improve individual hospitality skills based on hospitality audit.
Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
Participates in department meetings.
Complies with all Marriott International Hotels Limited policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
· Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Computer Skills - The ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs or analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball. Basic trouble shooting skills, for computers, printers and in room guest technologies. Ability to adapt to changing technologies.
o Problem Resolution- Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software (i.e. Guestware, FOSSE, etc.) handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Reports to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name badge. Personal appearance and grooming must conform with standard.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
· Working times are shift work, so must be prepared to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Temps plein
- Ware, Royaume-Uni
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat