Description du poste
Come and discover exciting opportunities at Heathrow Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travel just 15 minutes beyond Heathrow International Airport and you'll find yourself at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel. An exceptional hotel near Heathrow and Windsor, it extends an exciting blend of comfort, convenience and responsive service and an ideal location near Legoland, Chessington, Thorpe Park, Royal Windsor and Ascot Racecourse.
The hotel boasts easy access to London, as well as smartly designed and comfortable guest rooms. Throughout this hotel, the amenities make any stay a brilliant and memorable experience. There are tempting dining options including the Brew Bar Lounge and the Market Kitchen Restaurant. There is also an indoor pool, steam room and extensive fitness facilities with state-of-the-art equipment.
However, what really differentiates this hotel is the people working here. If you join the team you will be part of a warm and welcoming second family who work together to provide outstanding service to our guests. You will be a valued team member who will be offered the opportunity to grow and develop and benefit from being part of the best hospitality company in the world.
Why don't you also visit our website www.heathrowwindsormarriott.co.uk, join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HeathrowWindsorMarriottHotel, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/HWMarriott or visit our LinkedIn profile http://www.linkedin.com/company/heathrow-windsor-marriott-hotel.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Switchboard Operations (At Your Service), Guest Services/Front Desk, Nights and concierge. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Carries responsibility for ensuring that all cash and key security procedures are adhered at all times as per the hotel policy.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviours of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interviews and hires managers and hourly employee team members with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyses Front Office operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Temps plein
- Slough, Royaume-Uni
- Dès que possible
- Contract duration