Description du poste
*** A preference for candidates in McLean, VA; Dallas, TX and Memphis, TN but can also be remote ***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 4,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager for Revenue Management (RM) Solutions will support the innovation, solution design, and development efforts to provide outstanding automated Revenue Management and Pricing systems and business processes for the central commercial teams and all Hilton hotels globally. Assisting delivery of core projects, the Senior Manager will play a meaningful role with communications, presentations, and engagement of key internal and external business partners, helping ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budgets, while meeting business goals.
Responsibilities to include:
- Support the Director of RM Product Solutions in executing against the capability roadmap to deliver expanded revenue management abilities such as Connecting Rooms/Component rooms, Upgrade/Upsell and Add-Ons, Atomized Inventory efforts, and Centralized Revenue Management and Hotel Persona UI strategy development to support an expanded global methodology to the revenue management process
- Coordinate processes to ensure the most efficient and effective, commercially focused implementation of solutions and new business processes against the revenue management capability roadmap
- Drive problem resolution within project schedules, at times embracing ambiguity. Work with business partners, vendors, internal Project Managers, and third-party Project Managers to achieve goals and mitigate risks. Set priorities when competing objectives exist
- Manage the involvement of Revenue Management business SME's and effectively engage with the wider business audience to gather widespread support for projects
- Build and deliver communications and presentations for internal and external stakeholders for key business initiatives
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience/proficiency with PowerPoint
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks against enterprise goals and project timelines
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in a related field
- Two (2) years of specialized Revenue Management experience
- Two (2) years of experience managing people or teams in a supervisory role
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12+ years of Technology related experience
- Twelve (12) years of professional work experience in a related field
- Four (4) years of specialized Revenue Management experience
- Four (4) years of experience managing people or teams in a supervisory role
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $81,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.